Question Urgent Data Recovery Assistance Needed

Jun 4, 2023
Urgent Assistance Required: Critical Data Loss and Partition Issue

I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a critical data loss issue I am currently facing. I have encountered a significant problem with my Western Digital 1TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive, and I am in dire need of professional help to recover my important data.

Here is a detailed overview of the situation:

1. Drive Details:
Manufacturer: Western-Digital
Model: My Passport
Capacity: 1TB

2. Drive Partitioning:
Partition 1: Size - 100GB, Status - Empty (No data stored)
Partition 2: Size - 730GB, Status - Contains crucial encrypted data using BitLocker
Partition 3: Size - 100GB, Status - Contains crucial encrypted data using BitLocker

3. Unintended Formatting:
While attempting to format Partition 1, using the WinSetupFromUSB-1-10 software, I noticed that Partitions 2 and 3 disappeared unexpectedly.
I immediately cancelled the formatting process before it started, as I realized the criticality of the situation and the potential loss of valuable data.
However, the entire hard drive now appears as a single partition, and I am unable to access any of the data stored on Partitions 2 and 3.

4. Data Recovery Efforts:
I have made several attempts to recover the partitions and files using the following software (some listed):
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Technician Edition 16.0.0
EaseUS Partition Master 17.8.0
Hasleo BitLocker Data Recovery 6.0
MiniTool Power Data Recovery Business 11.5
MiniTool Partition Wizard
Active Partition Ultimate 22.0.1
Hetman Partition Recovery v4.5
Recuva Technician 1.53.2095
AOMEI Partition Assistant 10.0
M3 Data Recovery
Recovery Explorer Professional
(And much more)

Despite running extensive scans and tests with these tools, none of them were successful in detecting or recovering the lost partitions or files.

Considering the sensitive nature of the data and the urgency of the situation, I am reaching out to your expertise and services for guidance and possible solutions to recover my lost partitions and data.
I am deeply distressed by the prospect of losing critical business-related data.

Are there's app able to help me? Or I lost all my data and there's no way? I really don't know what I should do to get the Partitions 2 and 3 back shown as before, Maybe I should format the hard or delete all partitions and start scanning again, I don't know.

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
I think your best bet is to seek assistance from a professional company that specializes in data recovery. Be aware however, it will probably be expensive. I do not know how successful they are.

USAFRet

Titan
Are there's app able to help me? Or I lost all my data and there's no way? I really don't know what I should do to get the Partitions 2 and 3 back shown as before, Maybe I should format the hard or delete all partitions and start scanning again, I don't know.
Depending on the criticality/importance of this data, and given what you've already tried, you currently have 2 options.

1. Send it to a data recovery company. This will cost money. Potentially a LOT of money. And considering the BitLocker thing, little chance of success.
2. Accept the total loss and move on.

Why was there not a backup of this "sensitive and urgent' data?

What model number is reported by CrystalDiskInfo? If the drive is an SMR model, then it would most likely support TRIM. Professional tools can now deal with some TRIM-ed HDDs, but I'm not aware of any DIY tool that can do the same.

Edit:

Launch DMDE.

https://dmde.com/

Select your physical device and then OK.

Check the Advanced box. You will see your hexadecimal/text sector data on the right.

Drag the vertical scrollbar from LBA 0 all the way down to the end of the drive. If you see mostly zeros, then your data are gone.

Reactions: Marko33

TRENDING THREADS