[SOLVED] URGENT!! DELETED C drive partition during Windows 10 installation. Will it impact other undeleted partitions ?

Jun 17, 2019
Thought of upgrading my Win 7 ultimate to WIn 10 PRO with clean windows install. Downloaded the ISO using Media creation tool from Microsoft. Used RUFUS to create a bootable flash drive (automatically it was created with GPT/UEFI method, but my HDD is MBR. didnt know this when doing initially) Restarted system and Just because I needed a clean installation, DELETED the C drive partition thinking I would create a new one from unallocated space. But unfortunately I was unable to create a new partition. Got an error "We couldnt create a new partition". I believe this error is due to unsupported GPT/UEFI booting method. Its not allowing to create new partition. Correct me if I am wrong.

I didnt do anything to the remaining 2 partitions (D&E drive). I only deleted the C drive partition. The other 2 partitions has valuable stuff around 700 GB.

My question is, Whether re-creating the bootable USB using Rufus by MBR method and booting using LEGACY method will allow me to create a new partition and go ahead with Win 10 installation without any impact to other 2 partitions ? Please help as its pretty urgent and data in other partitions are very sensitive.

Solution
My question is, Whether re-creating the bootable USB using Rufus by MBR method and booting using LEGACY method will allow me to create a new partition and go ahead with Win 10 installation without any impact to other 2 partitions ? Please help as its pretty urgent and data in other partitions are very sensitive.

It should. Its only showing the GPT message cause its sensing motherboard supports UEFI. If set to legacy it should let you recreate C drive where it was.

You shouldn't need a new Installer unless origianlly you created it as UEFI only using rufus. An installer created by media creation tool can do either UEFI or LEgacy

Colif

Win 11 Master

It should. Its only showing the GPT message cause its sensing motherboard supports UEFI. If set to legacy it should let you recreate C drive where it was.

You shouldn't need a new Installer unless origianlly you created it as UEFI only using rufus. An installer created by media creation tool can do either UEFI or LEgacy

Solution
Jun 17, 2019

Thanks a lot man !! Used Media creation tool to create the installer. And it worked !! Cheers