[Urgent] Formating Issues / trying to reinstall window 7 to fix everything

Akyumi Shirakawa

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
Hello, I am sorry I couldn't find the best place to put this but I am in need of some kind of help.
Before I begin, my computer specs:
Window 7 64 bit professional

8 GBs of Ram
580GTX EVGA
i7 920 CPU 2.8ghz
500GB Harddrive
750PSU Corsair
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

Today I decided to clean out my computer getting out all the dust out. I don't believe there was nothing wrong prior to this but once I booted it up I started to had issues. At first I didn't notice anything different but whenever I do something demanding like play a game for example it would restart my computer. I thought it might of been my graphics card. Check my drivers and it was supposely not update to date so I tried that but oddly enough that didn't work nor went through. On top of this my computer began to run slowly. Check task manager and its shows 2GBs when I only have 8GBs thus I can hardly do anything with just 2GBs of ram. I pretty sure I might of cause some kind of virus but I can't detect it. I tried to reinstall Window and format completely but now my cd drive doesn't seem to be reading ANY disc at all that I give. I am at a complete lost and I am unsure where to begin to fix anything.

I would double check (unplug and plug them back in) all power cables, RAM, PCIe cards, etc., and make sure that all fans are spinning properly. Also, sometimes dust can be trapped in the heat sink and create heat issues. Make sure that the heat sink is free from dust.

Akyumi Shirakawa

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015

I just check, all fans are working but the side fan of the case. (This is a HAF932) So for whatever reason that isn't working.
Reseating the ram seem to fix the ram issue. I tried to use my window 7 32 bit disc to see if the cd drive is mess up in anyway. It appears that it work but I am triyng to get window 7 64 bit install so maybe the disc itself isn't so easily readable on this computer compare to the others I tried it on.

Akyumi Shirakawa

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
So, I tried to install the ISO of the window 7 64 bit disc to USB using the window 7 burning tool to disc or usb. Doesn't detect or tells me anything about the usb drive during the boot. Instead it would freeze at the motherboard boot screen whenever I have the usb inserted