[SOLVED] URGENT GPU disconnects from monitor when logging into windows

yeahok976

Reputable
May 27, 2018
It used to be that this happened only when I would open certain games/programs but now the monitor disconnects immediately after hitting spacebar on the windows login screen.

I tried uninstalling all drivers by using my 3200g and removing them, then plugging my GPU back in. This worked for a second but then when I opened a program it went black again and now it wont get past the login screen.

I have a 1070 Strix OC.

I know this is a gpu problem and ive tried reseating and pretty much all of the basic stuff you can think of. I've even done the driver refresh combination to no avail.

Please help i might cry at this point.

Solution
So, if you know what the problem is why don't you just format the pc to get rid of the broken drivers, and see if there are any hardware related issues remaining afterwards. EASY.

yeahok976

Reputable
May 27, 2018
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
Please no. The PSU is not the issue. This is clearly a drivers related problem. I was able to open certain demanding programs no problem, then I open HW monitor and it black screens. That's clearly not a power supply issue.

If you have something to offer in regard to drivers that is much appreciated.

yeahok976

Reputable
May 27, 2018
So, if you know what the problem is why don't you just format the pc to get rid of the broken drivers, and see if there are any hardware related issues remaining afterwards. EASY.
Because I dont want to format a PC with important papers right before exams. Do you know of a way to reliably get rid of broken drivers without formatting? I've tried DDU and manually but neither seem to fix it completely.

DSzymborski

Titan
Because I dont want to format a PC with important papers right before exams. Do you know of a way to reliably get rid of broken drivers without formatting? I've tried DDU and manually but neither seem to fix it completely.

Why aren't these important papers backed up properly? That's how you treat important documents. That these aren't backed up properly is a bigger problem than your 1070 not working.

Your choice is to either fix the problem or not. That's the choice.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Please no. The PSU is not the issue. This is clearly a drivers related problem. I was able to open certain demanding programs no problem, then I open HW monitor and it black screens. That's clearly not a power supply issue.

If it clearly was drivers related the DDU would have solve it. It clearly ISN'T a drivers problem .

You ask help yet you still have not gave us the full system specs that you were asked and you ONLY want answers that suits your belief that is drivers related. If you want to stick to that, it's fine, you probably don't want to hear any other possibility so you can solve it on your own apparently.

Please yes? Like everyone else suggested use the intergrated graphics until you are free to wipe the PC.

I wonder if you have accidentally installed a coin miner on your pc, I've not heard of one this aggressive but it could be so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88