(Urgent) GPU/Monitor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTsNatePvP

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
Hi i need this fixed quickly for my friend. But my problem is when i got a brand new GPU (GTX 1050Ti) and i have one monitor plugged into the GPU (this one works fine)
and the second one (its old, so its VGA and the gpu doesnt have VGA, but the mobo does) doesn't work, i know it doesnt because its plugged into the mobo (which is the BIOSTAR HI-FI A70U3P)
I did some research, from what i saw it told me to restart the system, go into the bios, and turn on Integrated graphics, so the other monitor will work. I went into the bios, went to the place, and it had 3 options: Auto (which was originally enabled)
Forced (what i put on)

and
Disabled

So i put on forced and decided to boot the PC up. The monitor plugged into the GPU worked, as the other one didnt. any help?

Oh yeah BTW im 13 so sorry for bad grammar etc.

Solution
Apologies for the confusion.

The intent is to verify that both monitors will work individually. One monitor via the applicable port and the second monitor via its' applicable port.

Hopefully rules out cable, port, configuration issues.

Then each monitor is thereafter connected to its' respective "working" port.

The ports may be both on the GPU card or one on GPU and one on motherboard. However, as rgd1101 noted some motherboards may not support that configuration.

So your GPU must be able to support two monitors via whatever port connections are available. Eg: VGA/DVI. or DVI/HDMI.

And an adapter may be viable to make the necessary physical connectivity possible.

Then you use "WIN" + "P" to establish the screen arrangement.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you trying to set up dual displays? I.e., two monitors - one PC.

You did not mention that as your goal per se but if that is correct then you need to go into the Display Settings and configure for Extended Mode.

However, you must first ensure that each monitor is working as a standalone (single) monitor. Then with each monitor connected to its applicable video port you configure your system (O/S =?) accordingly.

Right click an open area of your desktop. A window should appear with the "Display settings" as a menu choice. If Windows 10 you can also use the "WIN" key + "P" key to select the desired mode.

Then you should see or be able to find "Multiple displays" and then configure as desired.

iTsNatePvP

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016

Yea, im trying to have two monitors, one pc.

But i confused on what you mean by "However, you must first ensure that each monitor is working as a standalone (single) monitor. Then with each monitor connected to its applicable video port you configure your system (O/S =?) accordingly."

And the last one only one monitor is recognized.

iTsNatePvP

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016

Also can he buy a an adapter, since his monitor is VGA and the gpu support dvi, can he buy a vga to dvi and will that work?

Ralston18

Titan
Apologies for the confusion.

The intent is to verify that both monitors will work individually. One monitor via the applicable port and the second monitor via its' applicable port.

Hopefully rules out cable, port, configuration issues.

Then each monitor is thereafter connected to its' respective "working" port.

The ports may be both on the GPU card or one on GPU and one on motherboard. However, as rgd1101 noted some motherboards may not support that configuration.

So your GPU must be able to support two monitors via whatever port connections are available. Eg: VGA/DVI. or DVI/HDMI.

And an adapter may be viable to make the necessary physical connectivity possible.

Then you use "WIN" + "P" to establish the screen arrangement.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS