Urgent help! i have built a P4 and it doesnt start

aktush

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
Please someone explain what is wrong? I have purchased different parts from different stores and built ny own Pentium 4 1800 + PcChips 930 s478 board. Also purchased In-Win case Q500 with 300W power supply ! Now when connected it doesnt even start!!! I tried connecting the power supply to the Celeron i have and it works! so its not the Power suply , what could it be? i am puzzled ... if anyone can help i would really appreciate the effort.

Also i have 2 CD ROMS 2HHD + 1 ZIP.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Wrong? A PCChips motherboard!

Well, something must have shorted on the board. try switching it on with minimum numbe rof components, just the processr, power supply, memory and display card and nothing else. and add each item one by one to find out which ones offending.

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

aktush

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
The thing is that a power supply would have started anyway
regardless of the fact the the mobo was short or not.
I am concerned about the fact that can it be simply the problem of being certified for P4 use for the PS?

aktush

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
This is the case i have and it does not say its P4 compliant
http://www.in-win.com/framecode/ino_q500.html

And i dont think i have 4 pin connector on this board
m930 PCchips can it be ONLY the power supply ? without any extra connections for the CPU etc can that fix the problem?
if i change the PS to a ATX12V?

This is the board
http://www.pcchips.com/product/m930lr.jpg<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by aktush on 01/28/02 02:52 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
And not to be redundant, but a PC-chips mobo?

No offense, but you probably shoulda visited this forum _before_ you built your system.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

aktush

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
I think I figured out what the error was and when you take out the CPU the board and everything starts spinning, only AFTER you take out CPU. I took cpu to the computer shop nearby and they said its dead CPU. SO i am changing that.

-=I will always be against=-

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Might be the other way. Mb might have killed your cpu.

<font color=red>Remember...</font color=red><font color=blue>You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

Magic_Robertson

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2002
you have a dead cpu right?

so when you put the cpu in did you connect the HSF to the mobo? with the i think it was 3 pin connector?

im a boring old fart and a crazy loon.
im also a mad alcoholic git but do that matter! :smile: