• CPU Intel Core i9 9900k
  • CPU cooler Corsair Hyrdo H60
  • Motherboard MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
  • GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTDX 2080 Ti Gam.OC 11GB
  • RAM Corsair 32GB 3200MHz
  • SSD Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
  • HDD WD 4TB
-PSU Corsiar HX 1000W 80+Platinum

Its an excellent computer and its doing great and everything is always up-to-date windows and all the drivers (I use Driver Easy for any update) I mostly use it for
3D modeling and Rendering using 3Ds MAX and others but recently for the last couple of days whenever I try to render 5 mins into Rendering it shuts down and gives me
STOP CODE/ BSOF (Blue screen of death) and each time its a different cause and it never loads to 100% and restarts on its own it stays at 0% for hours and I
have to restart it myself, here are the errors I've been getting so far:

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
  2. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
  3. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
  4. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA
  5. KMODE_EXCEPTION__NOT_HANDLED

I searched all over the internet and did all the steps they list but the problem is not solved yet and I have deadlines to submit my work and need to render
below are the things I did to try to fix the issue:

1. cmd sfc /scannow
  2. Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
  3. cmd chkdsk /f c
  4. cmd DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  5. Clean Temp files
  6. full "Norton" Scan
  7. full "Reimage" Scan
  8. updated windows
  9. updated all the drivers

Sorry about the long read but if anyone can help me please, I did everything and nothing is working and its a burden on my work.
Thank you for reading :D

Lutfij

Titan
Your first mistake is using a third party app to keep you seemingly updated with the world. Driver Easy is literally the bane for any computer and is considered bloatware. Which version of the BIOS are you on for your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you on?

Reactions: ElectrO_90
May 20, 2019
Are you rendering over GPU?
Which renderer are you using? vray? iray?
Make sure you go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Advanced System Settings to the left -> 3rd tab "Advanced" -> Startup and Recovery, press the settings button and make sure the Write Debug Information is set to "Automatic memory dump" and also "Overwrite existing file" is checked. Also make sure the path is set to %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP
Then do your rendering, once it BSOD's you, back to windows, download "BlueScreenView" (google it, should be version 1.55)
Once you open it up, it should locate the .dmp file automatically, make a screenshot of all files which are marked red. Try to give as much information as possible to those files.
Also you can check event manager and see the the last seconds before BSOD "Critical Errors", let us know which those are and what it says in the info.

But honestly I would guess you messed up your registry and key's in it directed to the drivers with the automatic driver software as Lutfij said, those usually never properly work, install drivers from unofficial sources and can mess up the registry.
Those drivers are also packed with ad and bloatware which are installed in your browser profiles and registry autorun. In worst case scenarios they even replace some driver keys with theirs crap pointing to the adware. Can be a PITA to remove.
Check if you have a restore point, or get ready to do a cleanup.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019
Your first mistake is using a third party app to keep you seemingly updated with the world. Driver Easy is literally the bane for any computer and is considered bloatware. Which version of the BIOS are you on for your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you on?
BIOS: MB BIOS MS-7B17 Version A.50

but the Bios and the intel drivers are always updated using the MSI Control panel the DRAGON CENTER and everything related to the graphic card is updated using the Gigabyte Arous Engine

May 21, 2019
Are you rendering over GPU?
Which renderer are you using? vray? iray?
Make sure you go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Advanced System Settings to the left -> 3rd tab "Advanced" -> Startup and Recovery, press the settings button and make sure the Write Debug Information is set to "Automatic memory dump" and also "Overwrite existing file" is checked. Also make sure the path is set to %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP
Then do your rendering, once it BSOD's you, back to windows, download "BlueScreenView" (google it, should be version 1.55)
Once you open it up, it should locate the .dmp file automatically, make a screenshot of all files which are marked red. Try to give as much information as possible to those files.
Also you can check event manager and see the the last seconds before BSOD "Critical Errors", let us know which those are and what it says in the info.

But honestly I would guess you messed up your registry and key's in it directed to the drivers with the automatic driver software as Lutfij said, those usually never properly work, install drivers from unofficial sources and can mess up the registry.
Those drivers are also packed with ad and bloatware which are installed in your browser profiles and registry autorun. In worst case scenarios they even replace some driver keys with theirs crap pointing to the adware. Can be a PITA to remove.
Check if you have a restore point, or get ready to do a cleanup.
I am currently rendering using CPU and Vray
I will do all the step you pointed and update you on what happens it seems drivereasy is not a reliable app i messed up didn't know and i do have a restore point if things don't work out I'll go back to it
thank you for you replay ^-^

UPDATE:
I made sure of the startup and recovery settings you mentioned, I rendered and 10 mins later (BSOF SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION https://ibb.co/gJ57ygt ) it restarts and I download the program u suggested and it gave me one marked red here it is https://ibb.co/x1gc0f8
and i opened event manager and opened the critical errors and here's the info https://ibb.co/GQmxYcV

What can I do now?

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
How odd, an MSI motherboard that doesn't have live update 6 support. I was going to tell you off for not using it until I looked at motherboard website - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z390-GAMING-EDGE-AC#down-utility

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

those errors could all be software

can you run driverview - it will show us what drivers are running - once you run it, go into options and set it to not show Microsoft drivers. Take screenshot and upload to an image sharing site, and show link here. We see what it might be.

May 21, 2019
How odd, an MSI motherboard that doesn't have live update 6 support. I was going to tell you off for not using it until I looked at motherboard website - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z390-GAMING-EDGE-AC#down-utility

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

those errors could all be software

can you run driverview - it will show us what drivers are running - once you run it, go into options and set it to not show Microsoft drivers. Take screenshot and upload to an image sharing site, and show link here. We see what it might be.
hey thank you for answering heres the minidump file https://www.4shared.com/file/5OawtgFYfi/052419-8671-01.html
and i downloaded driverview and run it these are the screenshots https://www.4shared.com/folder/Q3VTpOzx/screenshots.html
Please update me thank youu

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you do this in driver view - go into options and set it to not show Microsoft drivers

then show screenshot, the listing should be way shorter and easier to read. I did look through what you posted but didn't see anything obvious

i sent link of this thread to a friend, he will comment in here later with a file i can use to see what it blames.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019

Colif

Win 11 Master
seems odd the nvidia drivers don't show any dates, the dump file should show those.

Do you use MSI Supercharger? Its drivers are from 2013, might want to remove or update it
not sure what its part of, I don't see it listed on board. Perhaps driver easy added it? or it might be part of dragon centre... your board has no win 7 drivers so it seems out of place on system.
ipadtst_64.sys = its a win 7 driver - NOv 11 2013.

you could run autoruns to stop it running at startup and see if it changes anything

no guarantee it is problem. its just older drivers have a better chance of being wrong.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/holE.html

File information:052419-8671-01.dmp (May 24 2019 - 09:19:43)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: WmiPrvSE.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 36 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/mpg-z390-gaming-edge-ac
It appears you have the latest BIOS already installed.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

May 21, 2019
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/holE.html

File information:052419-8671-01.dmp (May 24 2019 - 09:19:43)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: WmiPrvSE.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 36 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/mpg-z390-gaming-edge-ac
It appears you have the latest BIOS already installed.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.
thank you I appreciate it, hopefully someone will help me

Colif

Win 11 Master
since motherboard doesn't have Live update 6 as an option, I would remove Intel Extreme Tuning utility and MSI Afterburner, as well as MSI Supercharger

Nov 11 2013 ipadtst_64.sys MSI Super-Charger driver
Jul 29 2016 ipadtst2_64.sys MSI Super-Charger driver
Jul 09 2017 NTIOLib_X64.sys !!! Overclocking Software - NTIO Library http://www.msi.com/ This file may be installed with other software such as MSI Live Update and that is OK.
Sep 18 2018 iocbios2.sys !!! Overclocking Software - Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning driver

may need to use auto runs to stop some of them.

the program that crashed doesn't show up a lot.
WmiPrvSE is the acronym for Windows Management Instrumentation Provider Service. Or, as the description in Task Manager mentions, it is a WMI Provider Host.

A look through the process strings in Process Explorer reveals WmiPrvSE as part of Microsoft’s Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) system and the Common Information Model (CIM) Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM, which is now known as SCOM [System Center Operations Manager.]) Of course, that doesn’t mean much unless you understand what these things mean.

link

May 21, 2019
since motherboard doesn't have Live update 6 as an option, I would remove Intel Extreme Tuning utility and MSI Afterburner, as well as MSI Supercharger

Nov 11 2013ipadtst_64.sysMSI Super-Charger driver
Jul 29 2016ipadtst2_64.sysMSI Super-Charger driver
Jul 09 2017NTIOLib_X64.sys!!! Overclocking Software - NTIO Library http://www.msi.com/ This file may be installed with other software such as MSI Live Update and that is OK.

Sep 18 2018iocbios2.sys!!! Overclocking Software - Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning driver

may need to use auto runs to stop some of them.

the program that crashed doesn't show up a lot.

link
I don't understand a thing :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile: I feel stupid but really I have no clue what you're saying, what should I do? how do I stop them using autorun? and does it effect anything else if i stop them?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Download this program - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

it shows underneath on that page how to use program.

All it will do is stop the files I mentioned from running at startup. It doesn't stop a program from running them if they are needed after startup.

I am just trying to reduce number of drivers running so we can see if you still get BSOD. If you can stop the files I listed we can start reducing the number of possible causes.

Super charger doesn't appear to be on your motherboards website, it is possibly Driver Easy may have installed it for you

The overclocking software might not be the cause but unless you are using it, its not really needed either. OC software can change values on CPU and GPU and may cause errors.

May 21, 2019
Download this program - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

it shows underneath on that page how to use program.

All it will do is stop the files I mentioned from running at startup. It doesn't stop a program from running them if they are needed after startup.

I am just trying to reduce number of drivers running so we can see if you still get BSOD. If you can stop the files I listed we can start reducing the number of possible causes.

Super charger doesn't appear to be on your motherboards website, it is possibly Driver Easy may have installed it for you

The overclocking software might not be the cause but unless you are using it, its not really needed either. OC software can change values on CPU and GPU and may cause errors.
okey great I'll follow these steps and try to render again and let you know what happens, thank you I troubled you so much 🙏