Question Urgent help needed for my build.

May 18, 2019
My currecnt configuration is

I7 4790k

gtx 960 amp edition zotac 2gb

8gb heat sink corsair ram

power supply 700W

Motherboard :- Msi Z97-A Gaming 7

128gb SSD

1tb HDD.

Dell 21.5 inch Full HD LED Backlit IPS Panel Monitor (S2218H) (HDMI, VGA, Inbuilt Speaker)

Problem i am facing :-

1. While i am playing Pubg PC even in medium graphic settings the game is lagging alot.

Question :-

Should i build a new system?

OR

Should i replace my gtx 960 with RTX 2060 and add additional 8gb ram.

And should i replace my monitor screen also?

Please any help on this.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019
definitely upgrade to 16g ram for worry free gaming and the GPU upgrade will be the most noticeable upgrade, with GDDR6 memory compared to the 960, it's night and day. Highly recommend. as for a current fix, what is your Virtual memory configured at? additionally you can change PuBG "priority" to real time, and make sure you're processor is set to optimize Processes rather then background applications. Had your system been running smoother prior to a recent update/install?

May 18, 2019
I will upgrade to RTX 2060 and add 8 more gb of ram which in total will be 16gb of ram. Will this upgrade last atleast 1.5 years? and will the games not lag anymore?

Mar 29, 2019
wise choice, and Honestly the reliability factors revolves around whether or not you plan to over clock the ram & gpu, what Mhz and voltages the core and memory clocks are set to but only an avid Over-clocker could burn those up in that little of time, you shouldn't have to worry. Now if you haven't checked all your drivers with a software like Driver easy I highly suggest it, could save you from having to upgrade so soon (should regardless) https://www.drivereasy.com/ now as far as monitors go, you should definetly upgrade to one with an aspect ratio around 16:9 or something common, yours is 1.78:1 which forces the gpu and cpu to work harder, plus the 60hz refresh rate is a huge bottle neck on the gpu, so I highly suggest upgrading ram first, then Monitor and finally the gpu otherwise you're getting no benefit from gpu if you're still stuck at non g-sync 60hz refresh speeds This is the monitor I have and it's a BEAST anything from ASUS ROG, with G-sync (so its nVidia compatible) and is above 120hz refresh rate will be right up your alley

rookieGamer

Honorable
May 16, 2017
you got a 1080p 60hz monitor, i dont see any point in getting a RTX2060
you will not see any diffrence between a gtx1660 or gtx1650 and a Rtx2060. as both 1650 and 1660 can pump out 60fps at 1080p .
-so if you dont plan on getting a 120hz monitor dont buy Rtx2060

and what is the make of PSU ? if its one of those chinese one get a decent 450w PSU.. 700w is way too much anyway.

Mar 29, 2019
you got a 1080p 60hz monitor, i dont see any point in getting a RTX2060
you will not see any diffrence between a gtx1660 or gtx1650 and a Rtx2060. as both 1650 and 1660 can pump out 60fps at 1080p .
-so if you dont plan on getting a 120hz monitor dont buy Rtx2060

"RookieGamer" 😂 If you scroll up and read some of the comments you'll see that all of what you said has been mentioned and he is well aware, also you shouldn't go around telling people they don't need more than a 700 w PSM Because honestly That's not even enough power to run a basic dual GPU setup 😂 1200 w it's a good medium between mediocre video editing and streaming and gaming hardcore flawlessly, if you go around saying stuff like that you could end up a "rookieGamer" for life 😬. 💪😉

rookieGamer

Honorable
May 16, 2017
you been smoking something or what, did he mention using SLI ? he just want a RTX2060 and you want him to use a 1200W or a 700 PSU
and who says 1200W PSU is enough when running a professionally system ?

May 18, 2019
i am getting the above results after adding 8gb ram and rtx 2060 to my build. Can u you tell, are these temperatures good? or bad? do i need a liquid cooler?. i played pubg pc at ultra

Mar 29, 2019
Very nice! Congrats 😁 and I 160-200 fps on average for an fps like that so I'd say your in the clear, and as far as water cooling goes I wouldnt think twice if I were you, definitely the way to go not only can you customize your whole loop to your liking but you can always add on to it and it's all beneficial I can't see one negative thing arising from upgrading to a water loop unless you're moving you don't know how to do it and f*** it up, But you can just take it to people if that's the case 😁 If none of that interests you then you should get one ust for the sake of prolonging the lifespan of your new GPU, But I imagine money is tight now that you've upgraded so I can vouch for the standard he think that usually comes on nvidia video cards ive also talked to Nvidia reps that told me that the 1080ti FTW3 (which I have) doesn't have any serious consequences related to heat as long as they're maintained under 90 celcius during full load and aren't being ran the highest quality settings for more than 48 hours at those temps. Which I personally have yet to see even on streams. But overall it seems your issues been fixed correct?

May 18, 2019
Everything seems good while gaming getting a solid fps of 120-180 in most of the games, But the problems is only the temperature. I still need help on how to bring down the temperature. My motherboard, GPU and processor all are getting heated up upto 80 Degree C.