[SOLVED] Urgent help needed -- M.2 SSDs dying?

Mozuna01

Prominent
Apr 14, 2021
So basically my windows is complete crap right now. Many programs won't open. multiple browsers don't work. Steam games won't load. This is a new system I'm running on. Here's the parts:

Ryzen 5600x
b550-f gaming wifi
RTX 3070
Samsung nvme m2 980 pro 500gb and 970 EVO plus 1tb
corsair vengeance 16GB
Using liquid cooling and have good air cooling and air flow in case. Temps and usages all look good.

Just built this rig last month. Everything was running smooth, but I noticed things started acting up when I got wallpaper engine on steam and started messing with the audio visualizers along with a program called RGBeat. Not sure if it's a coincidence but it's an observation. I can't remember what was exactly wrong, but I noticed a slight slight dip in performance here and there. I also woke up one day to my monitor being completely washed out after messing with HDR mode. Other than enabling it within a game I did not change any monitor settings to warrant this and I couldn't fix it because there was nothing to fix. All my settings were the same, but monitor looked completely different. Thats when I decided I wanted to do a fresh reinstall of windows. After attempting this I've ran into many problems and things just got worse performance wise every time I'd boot the windows up new. New problems. I find this strange because I thought fresh installs were supposed to bring me back to new, especially with a new rig like this. Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Here's a couple links to posts I've made on reddit asking for help that give a good idea and timeline to help diagnose potential problems:

1. t.ly/UE21
  2. t.ly/9F1Z
  3. t.ly/cMK4
Btw. I know I'm a total idiot for not remembering to just do a system restore as I probably had many restore points after a month of smooth running. sigh...

Last edited:
Solution
I got wallpaper engine on steam and started messing with the audio visualizers along with a program called RGBeat.
Can see if you can use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of the programs you talk about and for remains use the most stringent option. Maybe best to do a reinstall. Not something i say easily, but in your case it might make sense.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I got wallpaper engine on steam and started messing with the audio visualizers along with a program called RGBeat.
Can see if you can use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of the programs you talk about and for remains use the most stringent option. Maybe best to do a reinstall. Not something i say easily, but in your case it might make sense.

Reactions: Mozuna01
Solution

Mozuna01

Prominent
Apr 14, 2021
Did a fresh reinstall again with different settings and everything seems ok now. Thank you!

Reactions: Vic 40

TRENDING THREADS