Urgent Help PC

Nov 9, 2018
Sorry if I posted in the wrong category.
I have a Dell optiplex 9010 sff. It has i7 3770. I'm trying to take all the hardware from it and put it in my old tower case. The CPU cooler has weird screws so I'm wondering if there is an alternative cooler. The Dell case has the screw mounts built in so changing case is impossible with the current cooler unless a whole separate mount is purchased.
Another issue I'm having is that I purchased a GTX 1070 turbo Asus and it needs an 8 pin connector for power. The Dell doesn't have it. I have another PSU but it has only one 6 pin. Is there a cable that converts 6 to 8?
Thanks guys

Solution
If a PSU doesn't have the proper connectors, chances are it's a very poor quality PSU and it's missing the connector for a reason. You don't want to be using an adapter with a $350 GPU.

It's hard to say about the cooler without seeing exactly what you're talking about. I'd probably just buy a proper cooler.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If a PSU doesn't have the proper connectors, chances are it's a very poor quality PSU and it's missing the connector for a reason. You don't want to be using an adapter with a $350 GPU.

It's hard to say about the cooler without seeing exactly what you're talking about. I'd probably just buy a proper cooler.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant