HeyIt'sElCHeapo

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Hi Guys!
I just discovered that Riot Games' Valorant has significantly lower requirements than i had imagined. If it wasn't obvious from the name, I'm a low end pc gamer and wanted to giver the game a try. Surprisingly enough, I meet all the requirements except the gpu part. I have a really old Nvidia GPU ( GT 330 1GB) and so I wanted to know if the game supports directx 9 and 10 or does it only work on later directx versions.
P.S If anyone would be so kind as to tell me if I can run the game using my gpu, that'd be great
Thanks!

Solution
DirectX is based on what OS you're running and not (necessarily) the graphics card. Since the game will run on the Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics (DirectX10 - Vista/7/8), it should run on your graphics card which natively supports DirectX11.1 (10).

It will probably run, but not very well.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
DirectX is based on what OS you're running and not (necessarily) the graphics card. Since the game will run on the Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics (DirectX10 - Vista/7/8), it should run on your graphics card which natively supports DirectX11.1 (10).

It will probably run, but not very well.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Hi Guys!
I just discovered that Riot Games' Valorant has significantly lower requirements than i had imagined. If it wasn't obvious from the name, I'm a low end pc gamer and wanted to giver the game a try. Surprisingly enough, I meet all the requirements except the gpu part. I have a really old Nvidia GPU ( GT 330 1GB) and so I wanted to know if the game supports directx 9 and 10 or does it only work on later directx versions.
P.S If anyone would be so kind as to tell me if I can run the game using my gpu, that'd be great
Thanks!

Looking up your card, apparently it has DX11.1 support according to Techpowerups listing about it:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spe... processor is,mm² and 754 million transistors.

From what I can tell, this should be enough to run the game. It's not very clear on the Valorant website exactly what the game needs though.

With all that said, Valorant is free to play, so I don't see much issue you trying it out, it's not going to cost you anything besides a bit of time if it doesn't work...