Just finished building the new rig.

Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3
i5 3570k
8gb Samsung Green Ram
128Gb Samsung SSD (sysem drive)
256gb Samsung SSD (Aplication Drive)
Corsair HX 750 PSU
Gigabyte GTX 680 OC 4Gb

Now I installed windows, and there is no internet. Unilke every other machine I have owned the ehternet drivers were not installed during windows install.

also, under "other devices" in device magager there are listed, PCI simple Coms Controller, SM Bus Contoller and USB Serial Bus Controller, all yellow exclamation marks, no drivers.

Now I could dowload the drivers for th mobo from this achine, but I am seriulsy worried something is wrong. I have reinstalled windoews for the disk 3 times, and it ends up the same each time. I have read the mobo manal from cover to cover and there is nothing that coers this,

Please help!

Mastashake15

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
You need to install the internet driver from your motherboard CD, windows doesn't supply this driver as they are different from board to board. From there, you can find the other drivers you need online from the motherboard's website.

dandare

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

Thanks for the reply. I have things set up and working now. Had to use another PC to download as wanted to install chipset first before ethernet. Was worried that I had not plugged something in....