Question Urgent help required with new system build.

pandu6091

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Hi,

I just completed building my new gaming PC with the configuration mentioned below. While assembling I found that a port required for supplying power to the graphic card was missing/not found in my PSU. However, I just connected the graphic card to the PCIE slot and started PC after giving all other connections and hooked the PC to my 55" MI 4K TV via HDMI connection. The PC powered up but the screen is completely blank and not even the boot screen is being displayed. Also the keyboard and mouse are not getting power.

When connected to the HDMI port of graphic card, I'm getting the message "Please power down and connect the PCIe power cable(s for this graphic card". When hooked directly to the PC I only see black screen

I'm really concerned now, please provide a solution.

PC Configuration:
1.CORSAIR CX SERIES CX650 — 650 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFIED ATX PSU
2.CABINET COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB520 RGB
3.GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI MOTHERBOARD
4.RAM CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 8GB (2X8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHZ C16 MEMORY KIT
5.AMD RYZEN 5 2600 PROCESSOR (UPTO 3.4 GHZ / 19 MB CACHE)
6.ZOTAC GAMING GEFORCE RTX 2060 AMP EDITION 6GB GDDR6

Regards,

Sri Ram Kumar

DSzymborski

Titan
Correct me if I'm not following the narrative accurately:

• Your PSU did not come with a PCIE cable.
  • You did not connect a PCIE cable.
  • The PC isn't functioning and asking you to connect the PCIE cable.

In other words, you have to resolve why you don't have PCIE cables. Assuming this is the non-modular version, the only way a PCIE cable is missing is either you're not correctly identifying your cables or there's an extremely unusual manufacturing flaw (in decades, I've never seen a non-modular PSU missing cables that it normally has).

Assuming that this is not user error -- I can't do anything about that -- your options are to return the PSU to the store for a refund/replacement or contact Corsair. Plugging in the PCIE cable is not an optional thing; if you want your GPU to work you have to have one.

Hi,

I just completed building my new gaming PC with the configuration mentioned below. While assembling I found that a port required for supplying power to the graphic card was missing/not found in my PSU. However, I just connected the graphic card to the PCIE slot and started PC after giving all other connections and hooked the PC to my 55" MI 4K TV via HDMI connection. The PC powered up but the screen is completely blank and not even the boot screen is being displayed. Also the keyboard and mouse are not getting power.

When connected to the HDMI port of graphic card, I'm getting the message "Please power down and connect the PCIe power cable(s for this graphic card". When hooked directly to the PC I only see black screen

I'm really concerned now, please provide a solution.

PC Configuration:
1.CORSAIR CX SERIES CX650 — 650 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFIED ATX PSU
2.CABINET COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB520 RGB
3.GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI MOTHERBOARD
4.RAM CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 8GB (2X8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHZ C16 MEMORY KIT
5.AMD RYZEN 5 2600 PROCESSOR (UPTO 3.4 GHZ / 19 MB CACHE)
6.ZOTAC GAMING GEFORCE RTX 2060 AMP EDITION 6GB GDDR6

Regards,

Sri Ram Kumar
Look for a cable ( 6 pin+ 2 and there should be two ) marked PCIe ( they are usually marked). You have to have those plugged in for the GPU to work.

Reactions: davew1860