urgent! how to do first boot ? when i tried , it says recquired cd/dvd driver is missing ?

hari2202

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
i have powered on and after selecting dvd burner as first priority drive i inserted the windows 7 disk and pressed a key

it started loading files and after getting into installation wizard

its saying now

A required cd/dvd driver is missing .If you have a driver floppy disk ,cd,dvd or usb flash drive please insert it now .

when i pressed ok .. another message says

no device drivers were found . make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click ok

what should i do now ?

note : i never inserted driver cd of motherboard or dvd burner

somebody reply or an i atleast cancel the installation process now ? or will it cause any damage if i cancel installation process now ?

Solution
I had this exact issue last week helping a friend with his install. Going over in a few hours to try again.
BIOS was not in AHCI...everything else seemed to be correct.

Possible issues/solutions:
Bad burn on the DVD. Solution - burn at a much slower speed.
Try using a USB instead of DVD.
If using a USB, try a different USB port.

USAFRet

Titan
I had this exact issue last week helping a friend with his install. Going over in a few hours to try again.
BIOS was not in AHCI...everything else seemed to be correct.

Possible issues/solutions:
Bad burn on the DVD. Solution - burn at a much slower speed.
Try using a USB instead of DVD.
If using a USB, try a different USB port.

Solution

hari2202

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

first it was IDE now changed to AHCI .. Sata 3 for Hard drive and sata 2 for dvd burner

hari2202

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

changed IDE to AHCI now .. going to boot again using the same DVD ... waiting for any other recommendations

hari2202

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

its not even detecting DVD now ,, it says reboot and select proper boot device again and again

Test a different SATA cable for the DVD drive (if available) or a different DVD drive. If not possible, make a bootable USB drive (google for an utility), copy the Windows files from the DVD to the USB drive (use a laptop) and try installing from USB.

hari2202

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

do i have to open iso file and copy files to Pen drive or do i have to copy iso file itself into usb drive

hari2202

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

no option available to select USB as boot device in BIOS

hari2202

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
what is happening ? i made usb boot drive and when i rebooted the pc automatically started to load windows files and thereby i am guided to win 7 installation wizard ... and i have created partition and proceeded next .then it started to install after sometime it restarted (i guess) and again it came up with installation wizard from beginning ,,

hari2202

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

i thought so .. Ok now again installation window popped up after restarting , what can i do now ? remove usb and press restart ? or anything else ?

hari2202

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

did that . installed 7 thanks for help ,, k now should i update all the drivers that came up with mobo , dvd burner , monitor .

hari2202

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

its new pc and the screen is 20 inch .. everthing looks huge

i mean .. if i press the start menu , it opens up to half size of screen .. is there anything i can do about it