URGENT!! I need help with my computer

Isaac_27

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Alright so earlier this year, in April, i built a new rig and everything was running perfectly. Here are the specs:
Intel i7-6700k
Asus maximus VIII extreme motherboard
G.Skill 16GB ripjaws V ddr4 ram
Samsung 120GB 850 evo SSD
Toshiba 3.5" 2TB SATA 3
Asus GTX980 strix
Corsair H100i CPU cooler
Corsair RM1000 power supply

Recently, i ran out of data storage space and needed to add more storage. Last night, i installed 2 1TB of 3.5" HDD and i was able to boot up. When i was transfering my files, my computer crashed and was unable to start up again. This was the error message i received occationally: "CPU fan speed error detected. Ensure that the CPU fan is properly installed on the CPU_FAN HEADER or adjust/disable the fan speed low limit option in UEFI BIOS. CPU Over temperature error! Press F1 to run setup". When i pressed F1, the computer just crashes and whenever i tried to on it again, my fan runs at maximum speed and shuts down again.

These are the troubleshooting i did so far: off and on the main switch, plug out the 2 newly installed hard disk, checked the CPU_FAN header, check my CPU cooler.

I hope someone will be able to help me with this issue! Really appreciate it!

Isaac_27

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Clear Cmos, run diagnostics on corsair h100i, found issue with pump. Remove h100i, change fan connector on cpu fan header with another fan. Problem solved