Question [URGENT] I7 7700K stock at 100 degrees

Jan 16, 2020
Hi,

Would appreciate some advices about my setup...
Everything was working well since 2 years and yesterday. My CPU went hard to 100 degrees on a 6% utilisation, 12 Watts and 1.150V nothing to do about the heat. My water cooling is Be Quiet SilentLoop 240.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 16, 2020
Try to open up your case and see if there is any hair, dust or dirt clogging anything on your system, check your PSU are and motherboard,
I just cleaned up all the case and fans. Put fresh thermal paste.

another informations is that sometimes the computer will go well for 2-3 hours and stay cool at 60 degrees in game and then go insane 100 degrees without any games running.

InvalidError

Titan
100C at 12W would indicate no cooling whatsoever on the CPU. That would only happen if...
a) the CPU block is not mounted properly
b) the pump is not plugged in
c) the pump is not receiving power
d) the pump has failed
e) the loop has clogged from corrosion, algae, rot or other causes
f) coolant has leaked out of the loop and the loop is nearly dry

If it "sometimes work" then you likely have some intermittent version of one or more of the above.

Reactions: Karadjgne

Ferimer

Distinguished
100C at 12W would indicate no cooling whatsoever on the CPU. That would only happen if...
a) the CPU block is not mounted properly
b) the pump is not plugged in
c) the pump is not receiving power
d) the pump has failed
e) the loop has clogged from corrosion, algae, rot or other causes
f) coolant has leaked out of the loop and the loop is nearly dry

If it "sometimes work" then you likely have some intermittent version of one or more of the above.
These suggestions would be the best thing to go through, were you the one that put the computer together? You should be checking the cooling set up to ensure that everything is working properly.

Jan 16, 2020
These suggestions would be the best thing to go through, were you the one that put the computer together? You should be checking the cooling set up to ensure that everything is working properly.
No, I’m not the one that made the computer. It’s a company. It must be the only possible thing, I would test with a ventirad tomorrow I think.