Status
Not open for further replies.

PCFreak_B46

BANNED
Mar 26, 2020
Hello!

Building myself a Gaming Computer with the parts below. Looking to order today before 5pm.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/MM2Lf9

What is the best cooler for the i7 9700k for gaming and overclocking? Was looking at the Corsair H100i/H115i/H150i. Please bare in mind that I'd like to stick to the 'black LED' theme I currently have.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
If you really want to go all-in on the overclocking, and be serious about it, I'd go for the H150i

I have owned the H115i myself, and it is a very good cooler, I was very satisfied with it.
This should also work well, but when it comes to noise levels, having to run the fans faster in order to get sufficient cooling when overclocking - the smaller 240mm and 280mm AiO's quickly become very loud in order to perform well enough for overclocking.

So an "overkill" cooler may not be neccessary, but having owned a few different AiOs, noise levels keep popping up as something worth taking into consideration.

In a no overclocking situation, I'd personally go for the H115i.

From your description, I'd go for the H150i

There are a ton of...
If you really want to go all-in on the overclocking, and be serious about it, I'd go for the H150i

I have owned the H115i myself, and it is a very good cooler, I was very satisfied with it.
This should also work well, but when it comes to noise levels, having to run the fans faster in order to get sufficient cooling when overclocking - the smaller 240mm and 280mm AiO's quickly become very loud in order to perform well enough for overclocking.

So an "overkill" cooler may not be neccessary, but having owned a few different AiOs, noise levels keep popping up as something worth taking into consideration.

There are a ton of different opinionson this, of course, so maybe someone will have some better advice

Solution

PCFreak_B46

BANNED
Mar 26, 2020

So an "overkill" cooler may not be neccessary, but having owned a few different AiOs, noise levels keep popping up as something worth takng into consideration.

There are a ton of different opinionson this, of course, sp maybe someone will have some different advice

Thank you very much - really appreciated. Definitely worth steering clear of air coolers then?

Also, would the 360mm rad be okay mounted at the top of my Enthoo Pro TG?

Cheers!

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
Any AIO from Corsair, Nzxt or other reliable manufacturer with 240 mm rad min (120 mm rad for stock setup). If going for OC in Your case strongly advice going as well for VGA cooling with Kraken G12 + any supported AIO cooler

PCFreak_B46

BANNED
Mar 26, 2020
Any AIO from Corsair, Nzxt or other reliable manufacturer with 240 mm rad min (120 mm rad for stock setup). If going for OC in Your case strongly advice going as well for VGA cooling with Kraken G12 + any supported AIO cooler

Thank you. Leaning towards the H150i from Corsair. Will this be okay mounted as exhaust at the top of my Phanteks Enthoo Pro?

Only really looking at OC'ing the CPU at the moment. The 2070 Super will be fine without an AIO though, correct?

Cheers.

Endre

Reputable
Hello!

Building myself a Gaming Computer with the parts below. Looking to order today before 5pm.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/MM2Lf9

What is the best cooler for the i7 9700k for gaming and overclocking? Was looking at the Corsair H100i/H115i/H150i. Please bare in mind that I'd like to stick to the 'black LED' theme I currently have.

Thanks in advance.

The one with only 2 fans outperforms the one with 3 fans!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=23vjWtUpItk

Reactions: Phaaze88
Status
Not open for further replies.