URGENT: Keyboard and mouse wont respond in Windows login screen or during boot Help

elliotrail1000

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
So my keyboard and mouse wont respond at windows login screen and i cant get into BIOS. Keyboard wil light up but mouse wont. This has been going on for four days now anyone got any ideas what to do?

Ive tried a few different things:

- Different mouse and keyboard

-Tried to use ps2 adapter for both mouse and keyboard still no response.

- Resetting Bios through CMOS_clear on motherboard

-Restarted computer.

turned off and unplugged computer and held down power button then turned on again.

-Removed Bios battery from motherboard

-Different usb ports

Does anyone have any idea what i could do?

Solution
on the usb connector the is 4 pins the 2 external one are for power and the 2 internal ones for data so you could try to lift a bit gently the 2 external pins also if you could open the mouse and see if all the 4 cable from plug are in place and soldered to pcm .

elliotrail1000

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017

No this isn't the case i tested the usb that i used for my keyboard for my mouse (my keyboard was lit up) and my mouse still didn't light up. Even when i plugged my mouse into another computer it worked but it didnt light up.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
on the usb connector the is 4 pins the 2 external one are for power and the 2 internal ones for data so you could try to lift a bit gently the 2 external pins also if you could open the mouse and see if all the 4 cable from plug are in place and soldered to pcm .

Solution

TRENDING THREADS