Question (URGENT) My external hard drive (2TB) suddenly appears empty. Solution?

May 28, 2019
I don't know how and why this happened but one day when I wanted to use my hard drive it appears to be completely empty. I tried to find solutions from google and youtube but almost all cases state that their hard drive appears empty BUT the space is still used which means the files are somewhat hidden. In my case, when i plugged in my hard drive it says 1.81 TB free of 1.81 TB which means it is completely empty or maybe not? I have tried to recover them using cmd but only Recycle Bin and System Volume Information appeared. Below is what it says when I type in chkdsk E: /f

C:\Users\DELL>chkdsk E: /f
The type of the file system is exFAT.
Volume Serial Number is 2B13-17FD
Windows is verifying files and folders...
File and folder verification is complete.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.

1953453824 KB total disk space.
384 KB in 3 files.
384 KB in 3 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
2048 KB in use by the system.
1953451008 KB available on disk.

131072 bytes in each allocation unit.
15261358 total allocation units on disk.
15261336 allocation units available on disk.

Please help. Too may many important files in this hard drive and it almost used up the 1.81 TB space. Thank you in advance for sacrificing your time to help me fix this.

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
Try data recovery software or pay some one to do it all your files could still be there if you not written any thing to it I would think the odds of you doing a very long format that completely deleted the files is unlikely🤔