[Urgent] My GPU is stuck in my MOBO.

Sep 4, 2018
My graphics card is stuck in my motherboard. I tried pulling it out but I forgot to unlock it so only half came out, and now it's stuck no matter how I move it. Picture here: https://imgur.com/a/SDogYB0

The release thing still works, but I can't pull the gpu out or push it back in. The side with the release can move out a little, but not much.

Solution

Push it back in. The tab on the card (at the back of the case) is probably hitting the case and not slipping into its opening between board and case. Push it in or out with your finger to align it so you can re-seat the card. Then release the card and remove it latch-side first.
The side that's up, the side with the metal bracket, looks like it's angled off line. So before you try to push it back down into the slot, you need to shift that end so that it's lined up with the slot. Then you can get the card installed again. Once that's done, you can open the lever that is locking it in place and gently remove the card.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Push it back in. The tab on the card (at the back of the case) is probably hitting the case and not slipping into its opening between board and case. Push it in or out with your finger to align it so you can re-seat the card. Then release the card and remove it latch-side first.

Solution