Question Urgent PC doesnt boot

Aug 23, 2019
i just installed new cpu fan. while installing i had to remove all my rams. now my pc doesnt boot. i tried installing my old fan,also tried with only 1 ram sticks but nothing is helping. I can see fan in cpu and graphics card spinning but nothing else seems to be happening. No display.Even tried removing cmos battery. Did i damaged my CPU while installing cpu fan?? Please help

Aug 23, 2019
there are lots of wires if i remove it i wont be able to put everything back. guys is my moba dead or cpu or both?? i did tried replacing my graphics card and still no signal. my current cpu is i5 2500k moba asus lga 1155. graphic card gtx 660 and gtx1660 ti got 5 sticks of ram with me. this problem also occured before but it started working after reinserting ram but now whatever i do isnt working

Greg Gregorich

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2014
sometimes just cleaning a case from dust. PC refuse to boot.just reconnect them, dont remove(make a picture of wires so you can check if you connect them back).if something went wrong im always undone my work its 100% fix of my problems.make sure PC IS UNPLUGGED FROM POWER OUTLET BEFORE YOU OPEN THE CASE .WAITH COUPLE MINUTES BEFORE YOUR REMOVING ANY HARDWARE.make sure your memory as it was before and siting properly.good luck!

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
Maybe my eyesight isnt that good but looks like there is a gap in the cpu socket of the pins. look at bottom of the pic

greg you Heard of broken pins on the cpu? what is wrong with that suggestion?

bent pins in cpu socket happend to me after reseating a cooler one time why couldnt it happen to him?

Aug 23, 2019
Guys update on the issue. Called a technician and he somehow managed to boot my pc after reinstalling and cleaning everything. Now however new problem is 2ofmy4 ram slots are not working. So i am stuck with 8gb. He said he cant fix ram slots. Any1 knows the problem can it be fixed??

TRENDING THREADS