[SOLVED] [URGENT PLEASE HELP] M.2 SSD Stopped showing up and windows wont boot, if I try installing windows again then the SSD doesnt show up as an option.

Nov 23, 2021
This is super frustrating and I would appreciate some help.
My NVME Corsair M.2 MP510 SSD has stopped 'working' Windows does not boot because Windows is on the SSD and it does not show up in BIOS, but when i load on my pc this comes up: and says the name of the SSD, what does this mean?

IMG_1307.jpg

Is my SSD Dead?
I have tried tons of things online similar to this issue and the conclusion would be that the SSD is dead but I am confused to why it says what it says in the image.
I also have a 3TB hard drive which shows up when plugged in but I've unplugged it with just the SSD.
I have tried putting the m.2 out and in again, and tried switching slots but neither have worked.
My PC was working fine the night before and then when I turned on my PC the next day I was shown by this original error: which no longer shows up only the American Megatrends thing.

IMG_1299.jpg

Would appreciate ANY help I can get.

Solution
Maybe you could: create yourself an updated Windows media installation usb on another pc, bring it to this one and start the windows setup.

Then see if you can see the drive (you suspect doesn't work) partitions in the customs setup, if you can, then you might want to format and delete partitions to get going again.

But this is only an option if you know you did not damage your hardware, or have any other hardware fault present that might be causing this.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Maybe you could: create yourself an updated Windows media installation usb on another pc, bring it to this one and start the windows setup.

Then see if you can see the drive (you suspect doesn't work) partitions in the customs setup, if you can, then you might want to format and delete partitions to get going again.

But this is only an option if you know you did not damage your hardware, or have any other hardware fault present that might be causing this.

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 23, 2021

thanks for replying, do you really think an updated windows version would work? Also what do you mean by 'partitions'

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
thanks for replying, do you really think an updated windows version would work? Also what do you mean by 'partitions'

It's not that an updated windows might work but more like having a working Windows install media usb that you have freshly made, to use that to determine if you have a problem that could easily be fixed if you follow what I said above.

When you get into the windows setup custom view there you will see all your attached drives' partitions of drives of the pc. (here is one method of determining if your drive is hardware damaged or if you just need to reformat and delete partitions and get your pc running again with a fresh windows install)

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021
It's not that an updated windows might work but more like having a working Windows install media usb that you have freshly made, to use that to determine if you have a problem that could easily be fixed if you follow what I said above.

When you get into the windows setup custom view there you will see all your attached drives' partitions of drives of the pc. (here is one method of determining if your drive is hardware damaged or if you just need to reformat and delete partitions and get your pc running again with a fresh windows install)
I understand what your saying, and that could be a fix but it also does not show up in BIOS?