Urgent problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration (More info?)

Hi,
one of our Domain Administrators removed the 'Default Domain Policy' from
the (only) domain controller. The problem is that we're in the process of
migrating the domain :)...and since the policy was removed, machines that
are already migrated spend about 3-5 minutes at logon- applying group policy
settings stage. There is no system state backup.

These are some messages on the server:

"Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x534 : No mapping between
account names and security IDs was done.Advanced help for this problem is
available on http://support.microsoft.com. Query for "troubleshooting 1202
events"

"Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event
log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that
describes the reason for this."

And this is the error on the workstation:

"Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x534 : No mapping between
account names and security IDs was done."

Just to mention, migration of the user accounts with ADMT v2 went fine, no
errors.
Could somebody please provide some hints?

Thanks,
Dorin Ungureanu

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration (More info?)

There is a tool from Microsoft to recreate the default domain policy as
shown in the link below. I hope you guys learned your lesson about backing
up the System State. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b5b685ae-b7dd-4bb5-ab2a-976d6873129d&DisplayLang=en
http://tinyurl.com/3yyr3 -- same link, shorter.