URGENT: Should I go with the i5 4460 with no ssd or the FX 8350 with an ssd as they end with the same price for my PC build.

PureFetus

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
Ok. I need help picking wether I should buy an i5 4460 without an SSD or a FX 8350 WITH an SSD. But the thing is, they're both gonna end with the same price of my PC build anyway.

Solution
I would go with the Intel i5-4460 because it can still provide better gaming performance than the FX-8350 with the same graphics card even when you overclock the FX-8350.

The SSD allows your PC to boot faster an start programs faster because of much higher read / write speeds compared to a hard drive, but it does not boost FPS performance. You can always replace the hard drive with a SSD later when you have money. If you want better gaming performance down the road, then you would need to replace both the motherboard and the CPU and you will get better performance later rather than now.
I would go with the Intel i5-4460 because it can still provide better gaming performance than the FX-8350 with the same graphics card even when you overclock the FX-8350.

The SSD allows your PC to boot faster an start programs faster because of much higher read / write speeds compared to a hard drive, but it does not boost FPS performance. You can always replace the hard drive with a SSD later when you have money. If you want better gaming performance down the road, then you would need to replace both the motherboard and the CPU and you will get better performance later rather than now.

Solution