[SOLVED] URGENT System randomly freezing occasionally and slow startup

Leon_0103

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
Hey everybody,

I recently upgraded my PC to be more along with new game titles and make everything a bit smoother,
I upgraded to the following system specs:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)
Memory: 16 GB Corsaire Dominator 3333Mhz
Processor: i7-6700K 4.00 GHz
Motherboard: Maximus Hero VIII
GPU: Radeon R9 390
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: WD Blue 2TB
PSU: CoolerMaster 650W

I've exchanged the motherboard from the original MSI with an i7-3700 I believe and ram from the original 1600 MHz.

To ensure a clean and fresh start I've performed a clean install of windows as well.
However, ever since the fresh install and the installation of the parts the boot time went up drastically as well as now I'm facing occasional freezes when installing programs.
Additionally, when freshly logging into windows the CPU usage is spot on 100% for a few seconds the task manager shows no icons in the name column and not even names of some processes.
The issue with the task manager is actually constant every time I open it it will take a few seconds before the icons are loaded in, I've attached an image of this.

(couldn't upload an image for some reason so here is a link to Imgur)
Task-Manager
Every process in the task manager shows 0% cpu usage btw

I've also received the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE a few times on loadup and after windows tried to update.
Sometimes even opening google Chromes will result in a white screen (of chrome itself) which then returns to normal after 10-20 seconds or so.

I've so far tried almost all the guides to occasional computer freezes things I tried are listed below:
  1. CrystalDiskInfo for HDD errors
  2. DISM and system health check found no errors (sfc /scannow)
  3. Updated all drivers using driver easy
  4. Updated firmware of both SSD and checked for HDD but found none so far
  5. Adjusted power management settings of both power saving mode and link state power
  6. Have increased virtual ram from 3GB to 8GB
  7. Diagnosed both hard disks again for issues
  8. Did another clean installation
  9. Installed latest software of AMD adrenaline/relive
  10. Tried unplugging the WD Blue and only running the SSD same issue
When using other performance Monitors the CPU usage is around 28% sometimes more sometimes less even though the task manager will say 100%
I've probably forgotten a few things I'm busy for a few days already and starting to get frustrated as I see no way out.

Could it be that i attached something wrong on the mainboard as in power and reset button or maybe fans or the Sata connectors of the SSDs

EDIT: 13 April 23:00
Trying to launch a game will instantly freeze the machine after a few minutes it will of being frozen it will return to idle.

EDIT: 14 April 01:27
Started running Memtest86+ and will leave it running all night we shall see what comes out of it

Last edited:
Solution
Last edit and closing this thread..........
💩
Id love to place a gif of me shooting myself, for reasons unclear to myself I thought it was a good idea to place my only GPU within the second (SLI only) slot on my motherboard.
Move the GPU one up no more issues

Leon_0103

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
After hours, I decided easy driver might not see everything so I installed Driver Booster from IObit. Lo and behold it found the following drivers still outdated:

Bluetooth ASUS USB-BT500
Standard SATA AHCI Controller
IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers Intel(R) 100 series/C230 chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
Intel(R) 100 series/C230 series chipset Family SMBus - A123
HID-compliant mouse
Generic Non-PnP Monitor

After installing 2 drivers it obviously asked me to buy the program or wait another 24 hours to install the next two because.......capitalism, having updated the above mentioned and removing for now the drivers for all three (ROCCAT SWARM for keyboard, ROCCAT Kave 5.1 XTD digital, and Logitech g700s gaming software) I rebooted and everything was solved.

I will try reinstalling the three peripherals now and keep everyone posted.

Everyone seems to love Easy Driver and use it but it seems that Driver Booster saved my life.

I'll keep everyone updated

Leon_0103

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
Last edit and closing this thread..........
💩
Id love to place a gif of me shooting myself, for reasons unclear to myself I thought it was a good idea to place my only GPU within the second (SLI only) slot on my motherboard.
Move the GPU one up no more issues

Solution