Question URGENT* Tomahawk b450 DOESNT turn on

Ven0m_

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Hello, I have a Tomahawk b450
2600 Ryzen, Corsair 650w PSU, a GPU Rx 550 4g.
I tried to clean my pc as I do always every 4-5 months.
I removed the CPU to clean everything, PINS ARE NOT BEND.
But I put too much thermal paste and got it to the pins. After that using 93° alcohol and a toothbrush I remove everything from it..
First time I got CPU red light on the right side of the mobo, after that vram. The most time the Boot light is on red.

What I have tried:
Reset bios by removing the battery CMOS and let 1 min off,
Flashing bios update with usb stick and pressing the flash button didnt work, tried to remove the rams and swap them etc etc nothing.
Monitor is working I tried it with a laptop .
Only black screen and black monitoR,

PLEASE , provide me info of fixing it. No bend pins, every cable is ok. I am going mad , I have no money to buy anything rn, everything was working at the morning.

Ven0m_

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
This one I am using
Arctic MX-4 Thermal Paste 20gr .
In some time there was the CPU light on, I was so mad and removed easily the CPU fan but...
The CPU was stuck onto the fan
Then go again and clean everything.
Now it's everything black no lights no screen

Ven0m_

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Edit:
Trying to flash bios rom from a fat32 usb stick, I renamed the file to MSI.ROM and put the usb with the pc off and pressed the flash button , but I got a light that stays there and not blinking.
1. The CMOS is on board idk if that matters.
Please I am going mad.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The paste isn't conductive, so that aspect is good.

Flashing BIOS, in itself, should not be taken lightly and generally not a good idea to do so as a troubleshooting step for a PC that was previously working. At this point I would recommend stopping what you are doing and consider getting this to a professional or enthusiast with other compatible parts on hand. An effort needs to be made to find out what part or parts are having issues.

Ven0m_

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Yeah sure by giving it to a professional it's the best idea but why not fixing it alone.
I mean I built it I have past with it and along others.
I flashed the rom it was something off with the usb. I will let it rest might the much alcohol damaged it or even it's liquid yet idk.
Any other ideas?

* Most of the time BOOT RED LIGHT is on*

Ven0m_

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Finally I managed to clean the socket from the pieces of stuck thermal paste.
I assume that thermal paste was bit of old (2 years) that's why.

One important question, is it possible that my CPU doesn't run with all the power as before like all the pins are not connected to the socket I will Face any lags or so?
Or if boots normal like now it means everything is fine?
Thanks for everything

Latest posts