Urgently need .BIN bios of Intel DQ67SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashPoint1985

Reputable
Apr 27, 2017
yes but it only has information about what fixed in each version of bios and other pdf is also about ways how to update bios.

let me describe my situation:

I have a Intel DQ67SW motherboard that is not working, when I connected and turned on PSU CPU fan started to spinning for few seconds, and stopped.

So I suspected that bios is corrupted and removed bios chip, and programmed it again using TNM. But I used .bio file from intel website above, and when I turn on PSU it starts spinning for few seconds, stops and spin again and it continues this way.
The change here is that it continue spinning and stops and spin again, while at first it just stopped for ever.

Now I see I had to use .bin file to flash bios not the .bio, so I'm asking for .bin bios file.

Also note that I have another DQ67SW motherboard which is working well, is that possible I somehow backup it's bios as .bin and use it on broken motherboard? I couldn't find any way though to do that.

FlashPoint1985

Reputable
Apr 27, 2017
Thx for that but unfortunately I have no access to buy from ebay, I want a .bin bios file for this motherboard or a way to extract & back it up from my other PC which has this motherboard.
Any help?

USAFRet

Titan
This link direct from Intel (and as linked above) specifically has a link to a zip file containing the BIOS update.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27742/BIOS-Update-SWQ6710H-86A-

Not quite sure what else you're looking for.
This IS the actual thing to update the BIOS on that motherboard.

FlashPoint1985

Reputable
Apr 27, 2017

No what I need is a .bin version to flash an isolated mainboard not to update it.

USAFRet

Titan

That .zip file, direct from Microsoft, contains this:
zn27psG.png

Exactly what do you mean by "flash an isolated mainboard" ?
Extract those files to a USB or CD...run it as directed by the manufacturer.

FlashPoint1985

Reputable
Apr 27, 2017

MB is not working, CPU fan was starting to spin and stopped. I used .bio bios file from same link u shared, and used it to program bios by a portable programmer because I removed Bios chip. after that fan spins and stops repeatedly but still no display and output, I have been told to use a .bin for such flash, and .bio file is only usable by a working MB to get updated. Is that Ok now bro?

USAFRet

Titan

"I have been told"....by whom?

The motherboard is apparently not working?
How do you know it is a faulty BIOS?

Why didn't you tell us that you were trying to actually reprogram the BIOS via a portable programmer? That's a whole different scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.