URU - To D'Ni expansion pack 1

I am up to the point of calibating the great zero in the first expansion
for URU.

I collected the 20 calibration markers using my KI. When you get near a
market the KI marker indicator flashes red and it beeps.

With the four calibration markers, you are given co-ordinates but as the
KI does not work yet how are you supposed to find them?

I found a walk through for this and managed to get the first calibration
marker but I have no idea how the author found out where to look. When I
found the marker my KI did not flash red or beep. I found it visually.

Now I am trying to find the second, I cannot find it even with the
walkthrough.

Any clues on how to proceed. There is probably a book somewhere I
haven't read or read thoroughly enough. Any ideas on where I might find
it. The book in the Great zero observation room mentions what you are
supposed to accompish but does not say how to.

The walk through mentions that the second is in the Canyon Balcony.
I cannot find this.

From the Ae'gura linking book I have links to two likely spots, one is
a small dark balcony high above in Ae'gura but I have searched high and
low here but could not find it. There is another place where there is a
table and books, boxes and red rugs. Again I looked high and low but
could not find anything. Both these locations are from the original URU
game.

"peter maddin" <petermaddin@aapt.net.au> wrote in message
> I am up to the point of calibating the great zero in the first expansion
> for URU.
>
> I collected the 20 calibration markers using my KI. When you get near a
> market the KI marker indicator flashes red and it beeps.
>
> With the four calibration markers, you are given co-ordinates but as the
> KI does not work yet how are you supposed to find them?

Your best strategy is to use your best judgement as to where a good hiding
place would be.
The first calibration marker activates one coordinate on your KI. This can
be helpful to
narrow down your search (radial distance around zero, distance from zero or
altitude).

> I found a walk through for this and managed to get the first calibration
> marker but I have no idea how the author found out where to look. When I
> found the marker my KI did not flash red or beep. I found it visually.

Make sure you have one of the four machines activated, a blinking control.
Once activated,
only the marker you're looking for will show up on your KI geiger counter or
visually.

> Now I am trying to find the second, I cannot find it even with the
> walkthrough.

You may want to completely tour the previous ages for anything that the
expansion pack
may have added or changed.

> Any clues on how to proceed. There is probably a book somewhere I
> haven't read or read thoroughly enough. Any ideas on where I might find
> it. The book in the Great zero observation room mentions what you are
> supposed to accompish but does not say how to.
>
> The walk through mentions that the second is in the Canyon Balcony.
> I cannot find this.
>
> From the Ae'gura linking book I have links to two likely spots, one is
> a small dark balcony high above in Ae'gura but I have searched high and
> low here but could not find it. There is another place where there is a
> table and books, boxes and red rugs. Again I looked high and low but
> could not find anything. Both these locations are from the original URU
> game.

TRENDING THREADS