News US government probes South Korean company accused of selling American tools to Chinese entities

US government probes
I have a legitimate question to Admin Administrator.

These types of stories that are put here to comment on that fall into what ends up leading into posts that get political due to the nature of the story.

How do us as members navigate between correct etiquette and not have the thread closed on a subject that seems to always get to breaking forum rules.

I myself have no issue keeping political talk off the forum but we keep getting offered the rabbit hole with stories that almost can't deflect politics.

peachpuff

Reputable
Apr 6, 2021
I have a legitimate question to Admin Administrator.

These types of stories that are put here to comment on that fall into what ends up leading into posts that get political due to the nature of the story.

How do us as members navigate between correct etiquette and not have the thread closed on a subject that seems to always get to breaking forum rules.

I myself have no issue keeping political talk off the forum but we keep getting offered the rabbit hole with stories that almost can't deflect politics.
The trick is to not care, if the mod deletes your comment take it as a badge of honor. Keep the mods busy until it annoys them and they reverse this dumb rule.

Keep the mods busy until it annoys them and they reverse this dumb rule.
I highly respect the mods and the staff as some have given years to keep this place still on the map.

It's just when I see these stories that do and will lead to political talk I see the same every time post story, people get involve. thread gets locked.

But it's Tom's staff that posts the soon to be locked thread that get out of content.

Last edited:
Reactions: thisisaname

peachpuff

Reputable
Apr 6, 2021
Keeping them busy makes them talk among themselves, the more busy/annoyed they are about certain rules the more they talk and the chances of this rule being reversed.
If you don't poke the bear nothing will change...

Hi mods, I'm doing my part 👋😂

Last edited:

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Keeping them busy makes them talk among themselves, the more busy/annoyed they are about certain rules the more they talk and the chances of this rule being reversed.
If you don't poke the bear nothing will change...

Hi mods, I'm doing my part 👋😂
If you poke the bear you may become dinner and the bear may not even check to see if your dead first. :eek:

tooltalk

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2012
It's just when I see these stories that do and will lead to political talk I see the same every time post story, people get involve. thread gets locked.

But it's Tom's staff that posts the soon to be locked thread that get out of content.
I am a bit annoyed by TH's moderator-bot.

TRENDING THREADS