News US Government Uses Anti-Mafia Law To Charge Huawei

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
Wow...had no idea it was this serious. China's been misappropriating our IP since way back in the Billy-Bob Clinton era, apparently with help from the Clintons, so this has been long in coming! RICO is for "organized crime"--under which the Mafia has been prosecuted. But it actually exists for any organized business or groups engaging in crime. I can think of a couple of state governments the DOJ should charge under the RICO acts--like NY and CA, for instance...;) Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, most likely...!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
since way back in the Billy-Bob Clinton era, apparently with help from the Clintons, so this has been long in coming! RICO is for "organized crime"--under which the Mafia has been prosecuted. But it actually exists for any organized business or groups engaging in crime. I can think of a couple of state governments the DOJ should charge under the RICO acts--like NY and CA, for instance...;) Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, most likely...!

Whatever point you might have had loses any and all credibility when you engage in baseless accusations. Yes, we get it, you hate the Clintons, you want to punish NY and CA because you don't like them, or whatever.

The Clintons aren't and NY and CA state governments aren't responsible for whatever crime you imagine they're violating. Partisan propaganda, and willfully posting false information, are not welcome here.

Reactions: bit_user

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
Whatever point you might have had loses any and all credibility when you engage in baseless accusations. Yes, we get it, you hate the Clintons, you want to punish NY and CA because you don't like them, or whatever.

The Clintons aren't and NY and CA state governments aren't responsible for whatever crime you imagine they're violating. Partisan propaganda, and willfully posting false information, are not welcome here.
The CA government is stealing taxpayer $ to fund government employees pensions. The Clinton administration sold trade secrets to China for personal gain(this was the 90s btw).
While this isn't a political site, the person you responded to did indeed state facts, albeit with a bit of a political undertone. All state governments violate the constitution on a regular basis.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
The CA government is stealing taxpayer $ to fund government employees pensions.
And their salaries, too, no doubt. Do you understand what taxes are used for?

The Clinton administration sold trade secrets to China for personal gain(this was the 90s btw).
I'm aware of the 90s, I was around then. That doesn't make it any less of a fabrication.

It's the fantasy peddled by right-wing pundits. Somehow, I'm sure, a bunch of intrepid Internet Partisans somehow have access to evidence that the entire GOP, spending 6 years and $60 million on just the Independent Counsel's investigation alone, somehow could not manage to find. Is that what I am to believe?

While this isn't a political site, the person you responded to did indeed state facts, albeit with a bit of a political undertone.
All state governments violate the constitution on a regular basis.

Both of these are claims. I could claim anything I want to - and you'd have to believe it because, why? Because I'm a stranger on the internet?

Just WANTING to believe HARD enough does not constitute fact. EVIDENCE is what backs facts.

Keep the partisan falsehoods and attempts at topic derailment for the purposes of your own partisan axe-grinding out of the discussion. Don't sit here and try to re-write the 90s, or complain about states you have a grudge against.

The ONLY politics that have any relevance here are those pertaining to the tariffs, restrictions (and waivers) related to Huawei, and so forth.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
The Clinton administration sold trade secrets to China for personal gain(this was the 90s btw).
This is fake news. The Republicans had a special prosecutor looking to get Clinton on anything they could. The best thing they could come up with is the Lewinsky affair.

While this isn't a political site, the person you responded to did indeed state facts, albeit with a bit of a political undertone.
No, they were wild accusations, with no supporting evidence. Stating something as a fact doesn't make it so. It's just partisan (or Russian) trolling.

All state governments violate the constitution on a regular basis.
When they do, you can sue them.

Reactions: King_V

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
US Companies steal IP's from each other all the time. Why don't the US government charge them with RICO act?
You're talking about patent infringement, which is different. That's civil matter, and companies are quite competent at handing that by themselves.

When they find evidence of industrial espionage, I'm pretty sure they involve the authorities and pursue criminal investigations, as well.

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
I could argue this very easily--but I won't...;) Yes, I probably shouldn't have said as much as I have here...;) 'bound to provoke opposite opinions. I agree that politics should always be divorced from tech! --moment of weakness, I suppose. Mea Culpa.

Reactions: bit_user

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I could argue this very easily--but I won't...;) Yes, I probably shouldn't have said as much as I have here...;) 'bound to provoke opposite opinions. I agree that politics should always be divorced from tech! --moment of weakness, I suppose. Mea Culpa.

You understand, of course, that putting in the bolded portion was yet another such "moment of weakness," right?

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

TRENDING THREADS