Build:

CPU: Intel - Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI - Z87 MPOWER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video Card
Power Supply: Seasonic SSR-650FX FOCUS Plus Gold 650W (80+Gold, ATX 12V)

Hello, and thank you in advance for your help. Lately my PC has been having strong FPS issues with all games on 1080p, with games having 120 FPS now at a constant 20~35 FPS. These stuttering issues are also seen with regular browser use, however are much less apparent.

Looking at the usage of each component when gaming, I noticed that the GPU is hardly being used with few peaks at 30% but normally at 0%. My CPU shows usage at 100%, and my RAM at around 50% when gaming. I have checked my temperatures for my CPU, with these staying at a stable 30° C from an AIDA 64 CPU stability test. HWinFO64 also notes that no thermal throttling is present. My clock speed for each core on my CPU stays at 800 MHz when under the stability test.

When performing a GPU stability test shows 100% GPU usage and temperature of 55° C, along with fluctuating CPU usage of ~75%. I am not sure what to look for with voltages, but core voltage had minimum and maximums of 0.352V and 0.701V during this test.

I have performed a clean GPU driver install with DDU, however this did not prove to be effective. It is worth noting that I changed my PSU to the one mentioned 2 months ago due to my old PSU causing sudden PC shutdowns; this stuttering issue however was not a present after the change, and is a recently occuring issue. I have read threads suggesting RAM issues, however am unsure on how to check if this is the case.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you all once again.

Solution
check where your monitor is connected, it sounds like its connected to the integrated GPU on the mobo (where the USB on the back of the computer) you need to connect it to your Radeon GPU down below.

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
check where your monitor is connected, it sounds like its connected to the integrated GPU on the mobo (where the USB on the back of the computer) you need to connect it to your Radeon GPU down below.

Solution
Sep 3, 2018

It is definitely plugged into the graphics card.

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018

can we have a picture from the back of the case, and of task manager when you play. (but try to see GPU tweak if you got, try to set it to default and/or reinstall GPU tweak)