[SOLVED] Usage of full length pcie x2 and x1 slots

Nov 5, 2020
I have a B550 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0) motherboard which have 3 PCI Express x16 slots. One of them has X16 mode, second one has X2 mode and third one has x1. I know x16 is mainly used for graphic cards. I want to know what type of expansion cards or devices I can use with other full length pcie slots which have x2 and x1 mode. Also can I use another gpu for "scientific purposes" such as running AI models in x2 or x1 modes? I know that loading data into these gpu's will be slower than x16 but is it possible to use them for just turning on my gpu and use them for purposes other than display or playing games on them?

RealBeast

Titan
You can use any PCIe slot for a smaller size PCIe card as long as it only needs the smaller number of lanes allotted.

I assume it was made this way for other models above B550 that support higher lane counts, like the X570, which shows higher supported lanes for the slots - 16, 16, 8 and 4.

Nov 5, 2020
You can use any PCIe slot for a smaller size PCIe card as long as it only needs the smaller number of lanes allotted.

I assume it was made this way for other models above B550 that support higher lane counts, like the X570, which shows higher supported lanes for the slots - 16, 16, 8 and 4.
Can I use a graphic card with 2 or 1 lanes in full length slot?