Sam

Just trying to determine how one can tell the difference between the
two? I am looking for a USB extension cable and I have no idea if the
cable is the newer 2.0 type.

Sam wrote:
> Just trying to determine how one can tell the difference between the
> two? I am looking for a USB extension cable and I have no idea if the
> cable is the newer 2.0 type.

There's really no difference, aside from the cost.

--
-WD

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:40:18 -0500, Will Dormann
<wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>There's really no difference, aside from the cost.

Yea, that's what I've heard too. Those cables marked USB 2.0 at a
higher price are a scam.

Sam wrote:
> Just trying to determine how one can tell the difference between the
> two? I am looking for a USB extension cable and I have no idea if the
> cable is the newer 2.0 type.

Any cable rated for USB1 is rated for USB2. You can find more info at
usb.org.

Stephen

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:15:44 GMT, "Sam" <nothn@non.com> had a flock of
green cheek conures squawk out:

>Just trying to determine how one can tell the difference between the
>two? I am looking for a USB extension cable and I have no idea if the
>cable is the newer 2.0 type.

The only difference is that the USB2 spec requires shielding in the
cable, the USB1 spec didn't.

Stephen