answer

Hi,

I have Pentium III with Win XP SP2 and USb 1,1. Can I add PSI USB 2.0 slot,
so I can use this device as USB 2.0 on my computer.

Thanks

"ANSWER" <info@oracle.com> wrote in news:dgbsec$kcd$1@ariane.blic.net:

> Hi,
>
> I have Pentium III with Win XP SP2 and USb 1,1. Can I add PSI USB 2.0
> slot, so I can use this device as USB 2.0 on my computer.
>
> Thanks

yes, an add-in PCI card.

I was able to add USB 2 and also firewire to a Pentium II PC, once I
converted to XP (original). So, XP with SP-2 and a Pentium III should
certainly work. Today there are many PCI cards from which to choose. Any
large PC store and any PC catalog store will carry these.

Note: For XP you should NOT need to install drivers form a CD for USB 2.
Unless explicily uinstructed to do so, don't. On the other hand, win98 does
require drivers, so expect the card to come with a CD. After the
installation, run windows XP update. If it shows new drivers aailable via
the Microsoft website, then let it install them.