[SOLVED] Usb 2.0 port not working

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
Hi everyone, My mobo has 4 usb 3.0 ports and 2 usb 2.0 ports. In windows 10 1909 and all previos versions usb 2.0 ports are not working. And in device manager it shows yellow exclaimation mark on USB XHCI Complaint Host Controller. Its worth mentioning here that all usb ports including 3.0 and 2.0 are working in bios but 2.0 ports immediately stop working when windows starts.
I have been looking to solve my problem contacted Microsoft several times. They were unable to solve and asked me to contact motherboard manufacturer. The Gigabyte support team after trying their best asked me to contact the supplier to repair motherboard.

But before going to hardware I installed Windows 7 and updated drivers and amazingly all usb ports started working. When I moved back to windows 10 again now there is yellow exclamation mark on USB XHCI Complaint Host Controller.

I tried my best updated chipset drivers and downloaded usb 3.0 drivers from gigabyte website but still I am unable to solve this issue.

Anyone here who knows how to solve it? It will be highly helpful for me.

My motherboard: GA H81M-HD3
CPU: 4790K
PSU: 850w

Solution
Hi everyone, My mobo has 4 usb 3.0 ports and 2 usb 2.0 ports. In windows 10 1909 and all previos versions usb 2.0 ports are not working. And in device manager it shows yellow exclaimation mark on USB XHCI Complaint Host Controller. Its worth mentioning here that all usb ports including 3.0 and 2.0 are working in bios but 2.0 ports immediately stop working when windows starts.
I have been looking to solve my problem contacted Microsoft several times. They were unable to solve and asked me to contact motherboard manufacturer. The Gigabyte support team after trying their best asked me to contact the supplier to repair motherboard.

But before going to hardware I installed Windows 7 and updated drivers and amazingly all usb ports...

But before going to hardware I installed Windows 7 and updated drivers and amazingly all usb ports started working. When I moved back to windows 10 again now there is yellow exclamation mark on USB XHCI Complaint Host Controller.

I tried my best updated chipset drivers and downloaded usb 3.0 drivers from gigabyte website but still I am unable to solve this issue.

Anyone here who knows how to solve it? It will be highly helpful for me.

My motherboard: GA H81M-HD3
CPU: 4790K
PSU: 850w
USB3 and USB2 are on separate controllers and so use different drivers.

Solution