[SOLVED] USB 2.0 ports not working but USB 3.0 ports are?

May 24, 2020
All my USB 2.0 ports on motherboard and case are not working but all my USB 3.0 ports are.

I have MSI x470 Gaming Pro Max with ryzen 3600. I installed the updated chipset drivers from the website and tried googling solutions with no avail. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

I still have 12 days left to return if this is acutally are hardware issue instead of a software issue. but I have no clue what it could be

All my USB 2.0 ports on motherboard and case are not working but all my USB 3.0 ports are.

I have MSI x470 Gaming Pro Max with ryzen 3600. I installed the updated chipset drivers from the website and tried googling solutions with no avail. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

I still have 12 days left to return if this is acutally are hardware issue instead of a software issue. but I have no clue what it could be

Last edited:
Solution
I dont know what happened I replugged the USB headers into the motherboard and now everything is working!
I think I may have had one of my USB headers that was only a 4 pin connector in backwards but I'm not sure why that would have made the USB 2.0 ports by the PS2 port connected to the motherboard not work.

Either way problem saved thank you for the help
May 24, 2020
Sorry I wasn't sure which one to post in my apologies.

Both the PS2 port ones and the USB headers dont work for any USB 2.0 ports but all my USB 3.0 ports are working fine. And there does not seem to be any unknown devices in device manager either

May 24, 2020
I dont know what happened I replugged the USB headers into the motherboard and now everything is working!
I think I may have had one of my USB headers that was only a 4 pin connector in backwards but I'm not sure why that would have made the USB 2.0 ports by the PS2 port connected to the motherboard not work.

Either way problem saved thank you for the help

Solution