i just bought a new motherboard with usb 2.0 support. ive installed xp
installed the driver from the motherboards disc, but xp says i still do not
have any hi speed ports. i have 6!!! ive already installed service pack 2 and
still nothing. are there any drivers anywhere or anything anyone has to help.
im losing it. my mp3 player is a hi speed device and it says "your trying to
use a hi speed device in a non hi speed port this could cause your device to
not run properly" . i feel like im in the twilight zone. WHATS GOING ON????

peter

Hi,

Go to device manager and check for the universal serial bus controllers.
Right click on the USB Universal Host Controller and then click uninstall.
If you see other USB Universal Host Controllers, uninstall them all.
Reboot the PC.
After reboot, windows should find new hardwares, do not disturb until
windows install the drivers and confirm that the device is properly installed
and can be use.
Go to device manager again, double click the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
You should see at least one USB Universal Host controller and one USB
Enhanced Host Controller (that is for the USB 2.0)

Hope it helps.

--
Peter

"nick2.0" wrote:

> i just bought a new motherboard with usb 2.0 support. ive installed xp
> installed the driver from the motherboards disc, but xp says i still do not
> have any hi speed ports. i have 6!!! ive already installed service pack 2 and
> still nothing. are there any drivers anywhere or anything anyone has to help.
> im losing it. my mp3 player is a hi speed device and it says "your trying to
> use a hi speed device in a non hi speed port this could cause your device to
> not run properly" . i feel like im in the twilight zone. WHATS GOING ON????

And check your Cap Locks Key - Looks like it's busted !