jay

THE PLACE I BOUGHT MY COMPUTER PUT A NEW USB 2.0 IN BUT
NO DRIVERS, THEY DONE IT BECAUSE MY USB WOULD NOT
RECOGNIZE MY PRINTER OR DAZZLE VIDEO CONVERTER, I BOUGHT
BOTH DEVICES ON EBAY AND I'VE GOT NOTHING THAT WORKS
RIGHT FROM THERE. I CANT FIND THE USB 2.0 DRIVERS ON
MICROSOFT. I DID DOWNLOAD THE SP1A FROM THERE AND I GUESS
I ALREADY HAD SP1 WITH THE COMPUTER OR DOWNLOADED IT A
WHILE BACK. MY COMPUTER SAYS WINDOWS XP W/SP1.IM PRETTY
DUMB ON COMPUTER AND DONT KNOW VERY MUCH AT ALL. PLEASE
PLEASE HELP/

Ralph

Did the USB ports work for any other device?

When you connect either USB device, what does the message say? something like, find new device, unable to...

Did you load the drivers for the printer and video converter?

Go to their webpages for the printer and Dazzle and download the drivers for XP.
If theirs not a XP driver for the printer, then its to old.

If that doesn't do it, take it back to the place where you bought the computer, they need practice installing an USB2.0 interface card and making sure its working, before they give the computer back to you.

Windows XP Does Not Detect Your New USB Device
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314634

General USB Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310575

Availability of the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 Update
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822603&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"JAY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| THE PLACE I BOUGHT MY COMPUTER PUT A NEW USB 2.0 IN BUT
| NO DRIVERS, THEY DONE IT BECAUSE MY USB WOULD NOT
| RECOGNIZE MY PRINTER OR DAZZLE VIDEO CONVERTER, I BOUGHT
| BOTH DEVICES ON EBAY AND I'VE GOT NOTHING THAT WORKS
| RIGHT FROM THERE. I CANT FIND THE USB 2.0 DRIVERS ON
| MICROSOFT. I DID DOWNLOAD THE SP1A FROM THERE AND I GUESS
| I ALREADY HAD SP1 WITH THE COMPUTER OR DOWNLOADED IT A
| WHILE BACK. MY COMPUTER SAYS WINDOWS XP W/SP1.IM PRETTY
| DUMB ON COMPUTER AND DONT KNOW VERY MUCH AT ALL. PLEASE
| PLEASE HELP/

Open the device manager and delete the USB hubs and ports.
Reboot and they will be detected and the drivers installed.