Question USB 2 casing too large for new small factor GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2020
I would be grateful for any advice . I've just purchased a new MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050Ti for my small form factor HP PC. Everything was going fine until I noticed the 41A-Front USB cable casing was preventing the GPU clicking into place.

I've tried removing the USB cable then replacing (once the GPU is installed correctly) but the USB casing is fractions too big. I've also tried disconnecting the USB 2 cable (which I don't need) from the motherboard but on restart the PC warns about the disconnection and goes into safe mode. When in safe mode both my keyboard and mouse are operational. So my question is how do I remove 41A-Front USB from the bios setting or is it possible to modify or replace the USB 2 casing which is millimeters too big. Thanks in advance.

Sep 26, 2020
Thanks Samir, but the damage is done. A new motherboard or PC is now required. Long story, the GPU would only click into place once the USB cable is removed, however due to receiving a post error message (on boot) reminding me of the fact I decided to trim down the cable casing with a razor blade. When the PC wouldn't then power up and after checking for loose cables, I decided to reset CMOS with disastrous results. Due to this particular CMOS battery holder not having a spring/clip mechanism I couldn't work out how to remove the battery and when the CMOS battery cover came detached from the motherboard I knew my day was done. Thanks anyway.

Reactions: SamirD
Status
Not open for further replies.