Question usb 3.0 broken header pin repair

mprasnaris

Reputable
Aug 24, 2016
hello guys i have an asrock b450m pro 4 and i was cleaning all the parts and somehow the black plastic got stack in the cable that connects the usb 3.0 panel from the case so i tried to insert back the plastic but i relised that i put it in reverse so i had to pull it again and put it correct when i pulled it i bend the 3 pins the vbus 1 vbus 2 and intA_P1_SSRX- ok after a lot of work i broke the vbus that is next in intA_P1_SSRX-(not the front vbus the next one) and i want to ask because i dont want to solder because i am not the best in so tiny things i wanted to ask if i can put a niddle or something conductive like a led leg in the whole of the plastic that i broke to make contact but not soldering it just press it in the whole and put the connector it will gonna work?

I am sorry for my english they are not the best

If its partially broken you can put "Something" into the hole of the usb 3.0 connector, like pure copper wires into it to make contact, but a needle idea isnt too bad, but you'd have to make correct lengh of it to make good contact.

Oh sorry I tought they are open types like 2.0...

mprasnaris

Reputable
Aug 24, 2016
If its partially broken you can put "Something" into the hole of the usb 3.0 connector, like pure copper wires into it to make contact, but a needle idea isnt too bad, but you'd have to make correct lengh of it to make good contact.

Oh sorry I tought they are open types like 2.0...
so do you think that it might work? i mean it will make contact? and thank you that you are trying to solve my problem