USB 3.0 Drivers for MSI GT70

cdepappe

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
I'm not sure where to post this, but basically i ordered an MSI GT70 2od through Xotic PC and when i got it i have to clean install windows 7 pro 64bit. and everything is working great but my USB 3.0 ports will not detect my seagate external hard drive (usb 3.0) and i cannot for the life of me find a USB 3.0 driver online that will actually install on this laptop. The USB 2.o ports are detecting the drive just fine and the USB 3.0 ports on my desktop also detect it just fine. Also the 3.0 ports on the laptop pick up my phone and mouse which are both usb 2.0

TL: DR I need USB 3.0 controller drivers for Windows 7 64 bit on an MSI GT70 2od. Thanks in advance for any help you can give

lostsurfer

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Hey, I've done this in the past worth a shot. If you can find the windows 8 x64 drivers download and install them, window 7 x64 will probably take them.

Update-nevermind saw that it says windows 8 provides the driver upon installation. In that requards, have you installed the chipet drivers? That usually holds your usb chipset drivers. see the link below
http://www.notebook-driver.com/msi/msi-gt70-2od-notebook-windows-driver-utility/

cdepappe

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012

Where could i look for these? On MSI's website for my particular laptop they only offer windows 8 drivers and under USB 3.0 drivers it says they are included in Windows 8 by default D:

Update- I believe i have installed the chip set drivers double checking real quick. Yes i do have those chip set drivers installed. It is odd that the 3.0 ports are working with my 2.0 devices fine but not my external drive

cdepappe

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012

Yes, i plug it in, it does spin up so its getting power, but it isn't detected. I then move it over to one of the 2.0 ports and i is detected and able to be used. I take it down to my desktop and plug it into a 3.0 port and it is also detected and able to be used yes.

Update- I MAY have found something. testing it now
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22824&lang=eng&wapkw=intel+usb+3.0+extensible+host+controller+driver

noahmuchnik

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Had the exact same problem. Thanks for the find man

TRENDING THREADS