• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

USB 3.0 front panel Help

Sep 23, 2018
I have 2 USB 3.0 slots at the front of my case however they won't function due to the fact that they have no where to connect to on my motherboard, I was wondering if anyone could give me a link to a single adapter for both cables that would allow me connect them to the motherboard listed below.

Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX

Sep 23, 2018

Thanks for that, I was also going to ask, if I use this converter cable would I still receive the benefits and speed boost of a usb 3.0 port?

MERGED QUESTION
Question from darkgtnighthawk2 : "USB 3.0 help (2)"

That is a USB 3.0 Motherboard Header cable to single USB 3.0 jack. You can buy cables that have multiple 3.0 jacks.

Sep 23, 2018

I know, I am going to buy that card and then buy the cable (the one from the pictures) so I can connect it

Im getting a bit lost here.

Your case has 2 usb 3 ports ?? They should be coloured blue?.

The 20 pin cable you pictured should already be built into the case , it,should also be linked to both usb 3 ports , that single cable is made to run 2 x usb 3 ports.

I have NEVER seen.

1. A case with usb 3 that doesnt come with the header cable already attached or supplied
2. A pair of usb 3 ports requiring more than a single cable/ board header.

You need to clarify what you actually need ?

In the same position I use this exact card with an old amd 760g board like yours & a newer case with usb 3 ports.

It has a single 20 pin usb header to fit that cable you pictured & also a 4 pin molex because these adapters need external power from the psu.

CSL USB 3.0 PCI express (PCIe) controller | 2 x external (ports) / 1 x internal (controller/header) | USB 3.0 Super Speed interface card | USB internal hub https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VE6KHB6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_pZjUBbA2MW74E

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS