Jan 28, 2021
I have just bought an Oculus Quest 2 and am trying to use it link mode. I have a Corsair Vengeance gaming PC I bought from Amazon last year. It has worked great for everything so far.
I looked up some possible solutions online and none have really helped me or I just couldn't figure out what I need to do.
The Oculus Link test tells me to use USB 3 and I am plugged into what is supposed to a USB 3 slot but it just tells me it's not a 3.
I download a program called USBDeview to check it was recognizing the Quest 2 connection as and sure enough it said USB 2.
I have looked into updating my BIOS but the update from my mobo's site doesn't install, I'm assuming since mine is in a pre-built.
I have tried downloading the updates for my specific pre-built from Corsairs site and it didn't seem to change anything at all.
I have checked Corsairs official support page and have found nothing related to this issue.
I have tried two different third party link cables that have a lot of good reviews and neither of them have worked.
Not buying an official Oculus brand link cable due to it being crazy expensive.

If anyone has any idea as to what the issue might be or how to fix this that would be awesome.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021
I have tried all the of my ports even the USB 2 ports. They all function as USB 2.
I have a Corsair CS-9030005-NA
My mobo is an MSI B360m Mortar.

Apr 15, 2021
I had a similar problem with the Oculus Quest 2 recently with the genuine Oculus link cable. At the beginning, it worked at 1.1Gbps and was recognized as USB 3.0. However, at some point, it started seeing the port as USB 2 and displayed a warning about the speed (roughly 300Mbps). Tried all different USB ports I had, updated drivers, forced windows 10 to re-install usb root-hub, etc.. nothing worked... Until I flipped the "developer mode" to off from the Oculus app. I had been experiencing with Oculus dev with Unity a few weeks ago and didn't notice the connection speed went down. Hope this helps someone.