Usb 3.0 header

cratftierspace

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
My internal Usb 3.0 cable has a 2.0 connector that sticks out to the side of it. Is that apart of it will it work without the 2.0 header plugged in. Also it isn't working anyways windows says this in device manager Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) also in device manager it says: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) and in the task bar it goes to this device is working properly and it just jumps back and forth plus windows keeps beeping very annoyingly.

Solution
Seems to me you have a short if Windows keeps beeping (which means it detects a USB connection and disconnection in a loop). Your question is difficult to read... what is the make and model of your computer case? If you have a computer case with USB 2.0 ports, then you need to make sure you connect the USB 2.0 cable into your 2.0 header.

Bootrec

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
Seems to me you have a short if Windows keeps beeping (which means it detects a USB connection and disconnection in a loop). Your question is difficult to read... what is the make and model of your computer case? If you have a computer case with USB 2.0 ports, then you need to make sure you connect the USB 2.0 cable into your 2.0 header.

Solution
You can only use one of the two connectors on that internal cable. If your motherboard has a USB3 connector then use the USB3 connector on the cable, otherwise use the USB2 connector. Do not at any time connect both at the same time, bad things can happen when you do that.

cratftierspace

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
Code:

Thank you so much that fixed it in using only the 3.0 cable
Oh my god I'm so sorry I chose the other answer as best solution on accident I'm doing this on mobile and accidentally hit the wrong solution
SOLUTION IS THE ANSWER BY: ex_bubblehead