Question USB 3.0 Hub Problems

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Problems with my USB 3.0 Hub, Just have USB Powered 3.0 DVD Drive connected currently, and plugged in a second device Flash drive--Pops up the Drive folder for a second, then disconnects

Why?

is this USB 3.0 Hub dying on Me? should i not have left it powered up 24/7 with nothing connected to it?

just wanted it to work for a bit while i update some files on the flash drive, and also update some folders on my secondary Seagate 8TB drive in enclosure

Hub Power cord is plugged in, and i got a power cord adapter plugged in for 8tbs big power plug to fit on the uniterrupatble power supply surge only outlet that i had left open, normally that has worked fine in the past, not sure why isn't now

Weird moved USB Hubs cable to 4th USB 3.0 Rear Port and seems to be working fine now

Previously had my USB 2.5 gig adapter in USB Port #3 In rear, but removed that this morning, as figured 1 didn't really need it i was like as only have Comcast 1Gig Download/20Mb upload currently, figured if i do need that adapter later i can always add it back

Guess i may have to live with 3 of 4 Work Rear USB 3.0 Ports if 3rd port never works right again, guess my own fault for thinking i needed that usb 2.5gig adapter, maybe it took a surge sometime, and why acting up now that port not really sure

Last edited:
Problems with my USB 3.0 Hub, Just have USB Powered 3.0 DVD Drive connected currently, and plugged in a second device Flash drive--Pops up the Drive folder for a second, then disconnects

Why?

is this USB 3.0 Hub dying on Me? should i not have left it powered up 24/7 with nothing connected to it?

just wanted it to work for a bit while i update some files on the flash drive, and also update some folders on my secondary Seagate 8TB drive in enclosure

Hub Power cord is plugged in, and i got a power cord adapter plugged in for 8tbs big power plug to fit on the uniterrupatble power supply surge only outlet that i had left open, normally that has worked fine in the past, not sure why isn't now

Weird moved USB Hubs cable to 4th USB 3.0 Rear Port and seems to be working fine now

Previously had my USB 2.5 gig adapter in USB Port #3 In rear, but removed that this morning, as figured 1 didn't really need it i was like as only have Comcast 1Gig Download/20Mb upload currently, figured if i do need that adapter later i can always add it back

Guess i may have to live with 3 of 4 Work Rear USB 3.0 Ports if 3rd port never works right again, guess my own fault for thinking i needed that usb 2.5gig adapter, maybe it took a surge sometime, and why acting up now that port not really sure
All ports in a USB hub share one port they are connected to,

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Well at first only 1 port on the hub was working for some reason, managed to eventually get it working though

By moving main hub usb 3.0 extension cable end to rear usb port 4. Tried rear usb port 3 later with another flash drive then everything worked fine rest of night

Still seems to be working fine thus far here, so maybe was just a fluke or issue with me uninstalling usb 2.5 gig ethernet adapter perhaps, not really sure what exact fix was lol

Last edited:
Well at first only 1 port on the hub was working for some reason, managed to eventually get it working though

By moving main hub usb 3.0 extension cable end to rear usb port 4. Tried rear usb port 3 later with another flash drive then everything worked fine rest of night

Still seems to be working fine thus far here, so maybe was just a fluke or issue with me uninstalling usb 2.5 gig ethernet adapter perhaps, not really sure what exact fix was lol
Front USB ports use an additional 40-50cM cable and that ads up to Hub's cable length which can make it loose signal strength.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Oh i see, Well normally i plug the hub into available rear port, prior to removing the USB 2.5 Gig ethernet adapter i only had one Rear Port Open lol. I got 2 at times now if i don't have headset plugged in lol.

Everything seems to be working fine with the hub now though, powering 8TB Seagate Drive just fine currently, of course not all 4 ports in use tonight though, right now on hub just 1 port in use for a litle longer tonight, then sleeping myself lol.

Plugged in right now to rear port with a 20-30 Feet extension USB 3.0 Cable--might be too long, but from spot on my desk, that was only way it would reach to lower shelf where Tower is to plug into rear port. I haven't tried it the USB 3.0 hub with just its short cable plugged into the 1 USB 3.0 Front port at all as yet, but i can possibly tomorrow, and see if that works out better

Last edited:
Oh i see, Well normally i plug the hub into available rear port, prior to removing the USB 2.5 Gig ethernet adapter i only had one Rear Port Open lol. I got 2 at times now if i don't have headset plugged in lol.

Everything seems to be working fine with the hub now though, powering 8TB Seagate Drive just fine currently, of course not all 4 ports in use tonight though, right now on hub just 1 port in use for a litle longer tonight, then sleeping myself lol.

Plugged in right now to rear port with a 20-30 Feet extension USB 3.0 Cable--might be too long, but from spot on my desk, that was only way it would reach to lower shelf where Tower is to plug into rear port. I haven't tried it the USB 3.0 hub with just its short cable plugged into the 1 USB 3.0 Front port at all as yet, but i can possibly tomorrow, and see if that works out better
Low voltage and power so signal is lost fast to wire persistence, Powered hub can help with power but not with signal.