[SOLVED] USB 3.0 not unplugging

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Hi,
I wanted to unplug my USB 3.0 cable from my motherboard to rearrange it a bit, since it’s in a weird angle that’s bad for the cable. So I proceeded to gently wiggle it loose, but it wouldn’t. It’s just stuck in the header. Wiggled a lot, no result. Even brought in a flat-head screwdriver to pry the header up a bit (I know, shame on me. This was due to me being in a fit of anger because of this cable, and the fact that my pc isn’t/wasn’t booting, but thats probably because of my asswipe VS650)

I have an ASUS PRIME Z270-P

Are there any procedures I need to follow to unplug it?

Solution
I don't think there are any special procedures to unplug the front USB 3.0 cable.
It usually fits pretty tight so an ammount of force maybe required to pull it out.
While you're pulling it out, try holding the motherboard and the header in place.
I don't think there are any special procedures to unplug the front USB 3.0 cable.
It usually fits pretty tight so an ammount of force maybe required to pull it out.
While you're pulling it out, try holding the motherboard and the header in place.

Solution

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018

Planning on switching my PSU for a modular one. I’ll retry unplugging it then..