Question USB 3.0 ports not recognised?

Feb 7, 2018
Hey guys, I posted about having a problem with my pc not starting if I had something plugged into the a USB 3.0 slot port. I could not figure out why this was happening considering that whenever I normally plug something into the slot my keyboard/mouse still works.

Recently I have been thinking about getting a windows mixed reality set, and I checked the Windows Mixed Reality portal on my PC. It said my PC was all fine except it said I had no USB 3.0 on my PC even though I have 3 of them. So basically my PC isn't recognizing that I have USB 3.0

When I had this problem initially (I still do BTW) I tried to download this thing for my motherboard for USB 3.0 and it worked for the first launch of my PC. However it didn't work for the rest of the time being. Now since I want to get into VR gaming and it doesn't recognize my USB 3.0 slots ports I have no clue how to fix it.

So far I downloaded the driver for USB 3.0 from my bios website. I also tried to disable my driver for Renesas USB 3.0 and reinstall it again. I also changed something in my power settings dealing with the USB settings. Lastly I tried to go to the properties of USB renesas root hub 3.0 in device manager and make sure that the USB stays on. But other than that I have no clue what to do.

I wouldn't be so confused if the USB 3.0 slots ports didn't work when plugging a device into them, but they do, They just don't allow my PC to start if something is connected to them while booting, but other than that they work perfectly fine. Please leave any suggestions to why you think this is. I will try and read them in the morning, thanks so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 7, 2018
So let me understand what you are asking, are you saying the program that scans your computer to see if your pc supports the vr says it does not recognize your usb slots, but that they work for everything else?
The program that I’m using is the actual Windows app called Windows Mixed Reality Portal. It says my PC meets requirements except for USB 3.0 which I have but it does not recognize it. Also if what you are going at is that the app is faulty I’m 99% sure it’s not because to test this I unplugged my Bluetooth adapter and re opened the app and it said I didn’t have Bluetooth. So the problem is I have USB 3.0 but it’s not being recognized for some reason