[SOLVED] USB 3.0 ports Slower than usb 2.0 speed

dbkh

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I'm having exact same problem as another thread, but was told to start new thread as other was too old. .
"laptop that is supposed to have 3 usb 3.0 ports and one usb 2.0 ports. they all work however the 3.0 ports are slower then the 2.0 ones."
Windows 10 and BIOS are fully updated.
HP ENVY m6-1205dx (AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M, came with Windows 8.1).
HP offers no driver updates for USB 3.0, so are there safe generic drivers that can be substituted?
Thanks

Solution
This is a really weird one to get fixed. The USB 3.0 drivers I had to get were part of the Graphics Card drivers HP supplies with original Windows 8 that came with the laptop. Ya ?

Your right HP has no listing for the 3.0 drivers now you know where they are but HP does not let you know how to get them.

I had to have windows 8 running on laptop went to Windows, Windows System 32 and bootleg working drivers out of there. Than switch to a different hard drive with windows 10 and got bootlegged drivers to install on windows 10.
This is a really weird one to get fixed. The USB 3.0 drivers I had to get were part of the Graphics Card drivers HP supplies with original Windows 8 that came with the laptop. Ya ?

Your right HP has no listing for the 3.0 drivers now you know where they are but HP does not let you know how to get them.

I had to have windows 8 running on laptop went to Windows, Windows System 32 and bootleg working drivers out of there. Than switch to a different hard drive with windows 10 and got bootlegged drivers to install on windows 10.

Solution