[SOLVED] USB 3.0 ports supplying power but not connecting/working with keyboard, mouse, or WMR HMD

Jul 29, 2019
I have an ASUS Prime Z370-A and an EVGA 750 W PSU.

I recently got an Odyssey+ and discovered that this whole time my USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports do not work. Up to this point I had not needed USB 3.0 so I just used my working USB 2.0 ports.

My front case USB 2.0 ports work but the 3.0 ports on the front of case and back of the motherboard do not work.

My PC is self built, but I do not think it is a hardware issue becuase when I plug in my corsair mouse or keyboard, the lights come on, so power is being supplied but, but they do not work or get recognized by Windows 10.

The problem is not the HMD, thankfully a laptop I bought last year was VR ready and the HMD works perfectly fine no crashes on it.

The green light on the headset even comes on when I plug it anywhere on the PC.

When I plug the HMD into the 2.0 ports, WMR recognizes this and tells me to plug it into a 3.0 port. WMR also recognizes that 3.0 ports are present.

I downloaded driver easy and had it update all my drivers. If there is a more extensive driver fix I'm open to hearing about it.

The error code that WMR gives me when plugging into 3.0 ports is "2181038087-14" although thats only rarely, it mostly just says to connect the device.

I tried to provide as much info as possible, thank you for any help, I've checked a million threads and done lots of tinkering, I have not narrowed it down to exclusively a hardware or software issue yet.

Solution
Obvious one is the USB3 Header from the front USB ports plugged into the MB? Will be the cable coming from the from of the case and has a large(ish) blue connector on it.

Also check your BIOS settings for USB 3.
Jul 29, 2019
Obvious one is the USB3 Header from the front USB ports plugged into the MB? Will be the cable coming from the from of the case and has a large(ish) blue connector on it.

Also check your BIOS settings for USB 3.

Solution