[SOLVED] USB 3.0 Slot broken pin

May 1, 2020
Hi guys, First time building so go easy lol.

I was placing my USB 3.0 cable into the front header and a pin bent, and while trying to straighten it, just broke off. So I'm now stuck with no USB 3.0 on my front header...

I've seen alternative I can get a "PCIe usb 3.0 card" that I can plug into my motherboard is that the route I should take?

Also with my back USB ports, where the MB connects to, I cannot find a cable that I clip into "JUSB1 and JUSB2" - is that neccessary or are the ports already powered when i put power to the board from my PSU? I can live with 2.0 ports for now, Just not too sure!

Thanks

Solution
Also with my back USB ports, where the MB connects to, I cannot find a cable that I clip into "JUSB1 and JUSB2" - is that neccessary or are the ports already powered when i put power to the board from my PSU? I can live with 2.0 ports for now, Just not too sure!

I'm not sure about the rest so I'll leave that to others but I do know the answer to this part at least

Those JUSB pins are for USB ports on your computer case itself. If you don't have any USB ports on your case then you can ignore those pins.

The USB ports on the motherboard itself don't need any plugging in as they're integrated on the motherboard and have power running to them so those will work.

Furzumz

Reputable

I'm not sure about the rest so I'll leave that to others but I do know the answer to this part at least

Those JUSB pins are for USB ports on your computer case itself. If you don't have any USB ports on your case then you can ignore those pins.

The USB ports on the motherboard itself don't need any plugging in as they're integrated on the motherboard and have power running to them so those will work.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS